I started guitar about 6 months, ago, I got bored, and quit for about 3 weeks. Then i kept listening to more and more metal, and it re-motivated me back to playing. I'am not sure what i should be working on, since I'm completely self-taught, and never had a lesson. Any advice would help!

Thanks,

~Matt
R.I.P Dimebag
Step 1: Listen to song you like
Step 2: Look up tab for that song
Step 3: Learn that tab
Step 4: Make me a sandwhich for being so helpful.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
I can play my own summer riff, rose of sharyn riff, umm... damnit intro riff, seek and destroy riff. etc etc
R.I.P Dimebag
I mean i love the song hourglass, but isn't that too hard for me right now? lol.. Especially with the vomit riff..lol
R.I.P Dimebag
nothing should be "too hard" for anyone. i once thought hourglass was out of my league, but just have patience and learn each part thoroughly and it's not as hard as it seems.
Learn the CAGED chords (basics for any guitarist), power chords, the minor pentatonic scale, work on chromatics (1-2-3-4 on every string and back down, go up a fret, repeat), and check out a few tabs for songs you like.
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
How long do you think It would take for me to learn like, any metallica riff? im jw.. i alrdy know some..but im jw
R.I.P Dimebag
Dont focus on learning just Metallica riffs. Learn some theory by reading articles here on this site.
Work on your Picking hand speed and fluency. Make sure you are alternate picking and run up and down any particular scale using a metronome.
Quote by Shredz425
I started guitar about 6 months, ago, I got bored, and quit for about 3 weeks. Then i kept listening to more and more metal, and it re-motivated me back to playing. I'am not sure what i should be working on, since I'm completely self-taught, and never had a lesson. Any advice would help!

Thanks,

~Matt

Try looking online (UG MAN!! Its under your nose!) for lessons, tutorials etc on how to improve playing. Then perhaps move onto different styles of playing.
First of all though, just learnt all your favourite songs first, then learn theory, then more songs then even more theory.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.