if i used a mic for my computer to mic my amp and use that to record my music on my computer? would it sound crappy or would i get better tone if i got an adaptor forthe input jack?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
Mic'ing up your amp is a better way of recording than using the output jack on your amp.

However, you'll need a good mic. Don't bother trying to do it with a 58 or any other mic you might have. You need a proper instrument mic for the job, like a 57 or a condenser.
ur gonna need an omnidirectional dynamic mic you can find them cheap for $20-$25.