so, i think its about time to use my blues junior as a head too.

im going to get a speaker out input in, so it can take a cab. im going to get a fender 4 ohm cab, so it will match the blues junior

but

some guys from a different forum told me it wont increase how loud it is! is this true? thank you!

(heres the cab http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-FM-412-4x12-100-Watt-4Ohm-Cabinet?sku=601726)
is that guy retarded...
Setup
Epi. X-Plorer
Line6 Spider III 120
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Blues Driver
fbv2 Footswich
I have no idea i have your amps older brother the deville and if you just get that im sure it will be loud enough
Yes, it will definitely increase the loudness of the amp. Its a much larger speaker therefore it is louder (not always true, but with tube amps and cabs, its generally is, not SS). And again, mod, you contributed nothing to the topic. He doesnt need to hear about all the sh!t you have, hes asking whether the cab will increase his volume.
Traynor YCS-50>EHX SMM w/ Hazarai>EHX DMM>EHX Holy Grail>EHX Small Stone>EHX Big Muff PI (NY)>EHX Pulsar>Ibanez TS-9DX>Echo Park>Ibanez Vintage Tubeking>Fulltone OCD>Zvex Fuzz Factory> Roto-Machine>Fulltone Wah>MJM London Fuzz>Fender Strat
Quote by HeartInACage
Yes, it will definitely increase the loudness of the amp. Its a much larger speaker therefore it is louder (not always true, but with tube amps and cabs, its generally is, not SS). And again, mod, you contributed nothing to the topic. He doesnt need to hear about all the sh!t you have, hes asking whether the cab will increase his volume.

ok. thanks.
for those wondering about the quote.

"the volume difference will not be that much louder with a 212 under it. It will sound better, but putting a cab under it isnt going to magically transform it into anything more than a 15 watt amp.

oh and also, just getting the cheapest cab out there may sound worse than the speaker in your Blues Junior now."

SG Dan, ETSG Forum
Well a Fender Blues Junior + a MATCHING cab won't make it sound any worse, that guy's retarded.

I don't actually know about how to do this (I'm guessing theres something on your amp which lets you plug into a cab too) but it will make it louder if you do it.
good to see another blues man around, and im not really sure with that question..... This is a guess but if u had a cab it would definitely make a bigger and louder sound
If the impedance on the new speaker is the same as the one in the cab, the amp's power output will not change. Therefore, the only change in output would be related to the sensitivity of the new speaker(s) compared to that of your current speaker. If you select a speaker with the same sensitivity, your output volume won't change. If you select a speaker (or multiple speakers) with an overall higher sensitivity, then your volume will increase. There's no magic answer here. It depends on the speakers that you use, but generally, 1 12" will have a higher sensitivity than 1 10", and 2 12s will have a 3dB gain over 1 12" assuming that overall impedances don't change.
Isn't the Blues Junior an 8ohm though?
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
The speakers will push more air, making it sound a bit louder and giving it a fuller sound, and better sound if the speakers are good.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
the blues junior is 8 ohm not 4.

and u dont need to add an input, it's got a line out for cab.

when u use the line out ur not using the amp speaker. so maybe that's why u want to add a second input. but even then 4 ohm would be wrong.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
the blues junior is 8 ohm not 4.

and u dont need to add an input, it's got a line out for cab.

when u use the line out ur not using the amp speaker. so maybe that's why u want to add a second input. but even then 4 ohm would be wrong.

wtf? where is the line out?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Last edited by jj1565 at Feb 2, 2007,

that's the plug taken out of the speaker jack next to the footswitch jack.
in case u had any doubts. and an 8ohm cab.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Arlabester
i forgot to ask, can the speaker jack be used as a line out, to put through a recorder?

nope thats ur amps speaker out. when u turn on ur amp, it builds up a "load."
so if there isnt a speaker attached to it, it's got no place to go, it's going to build up and fry the amp.

to record, u need to mic it. but that's ok, cause micing an amp sounds way better anyhoo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
nope thats ur amps speaker out. when u turn on ur amp, it builds up a "load."
so if there isnt a speaker attached to it, it's got no place to go, it's going to build up and fry the amp.

to record, u need to mic it. but that's ok, cause micing an amp sounds way better anyhoo.

ok ty.

is there a DIRT cheap avatar cab that would work?
yeah, again. any 8ohm cab will work. and looking at the prices of those cabs, they meet ur budget, come wt really good speakers, and are pretty cheap, imo.

they arent going to be built like a tank but, i think they hit price expectations.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

u mean a foot switch? or an actually replacement switch for ur amp.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
u mean a foot switch? or an actually replacement switch for ur amp.

foot switch. theres an acutall fat foot switch. and i cant find where to buy one.
oh ok. i just use an old marshall footswitch. just about any will work. if u want an actual fat footswitch, im sure they are out there ebay and such.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
oh ok. i just use an old marshall footswitch. just about any will work. if u want an actual fat footswitch, im sure they are out there ebay and such.

for your blues junior, really?
yeah... on the left, goes to my Bjr.

ive run, marshall, fender, hosa and roland footswitches thru a bunch of different amps. so far they all have worked. not saying that's always the case. maybe ive been lucky.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
yeah... on the left, goes to my Bjr.

ive run, marshall, fender, hosa and roland footswitches thru a bunch of different amps. so far they all have worked. not saying that's always the case. maybe ive been lucky.

oh. maybe ill just find one. does the fat switch make much of a difference?
do u mean, engaging the switch? or are u asking if using a "fat switch" specifically changes its tone.

LAF, sorry, im on cold meds and confuse easily.

hitting the "fat" switch does make a noticable difference. it increases the volume, and makes it easier to od the amp.

but i like having a footswitch for it, because i prefer to use my ts9 with the fat switch off.
or it changes the tone too much. almost like layering effects. and sometimes i like the Fat on for volume boost and a pedal on for that pedals tone.

ok if u were really asking if there's a tone difference in using a "fat Switch" foot switch. then no. it will either work or not.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
do u mean, engaging the switch? or are u asking if using a "fat switch" specifically changes its tone.

LAF, sorry, im on cold meds and confuse easily.

hitting the "fat" switch does make a noticable difference. it increases the volume, and makes it easier to od the amp.

but i like having a footswitch for it, because i prefer to use my ts9 with the fat switch off.
or it changes the tone too much. almost like layering effects. and sometimes i like the Fat on for volume boost and a pedal on for that pedals tone.

ok if u were really asking if there's a tone difference in using a "fat Switch" foot switch. then no. it will either work or not.

ok you answered it either way lol.
I have the fat switch on all the time, just sounds a lot better that way.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30