Page 1 of 2
requirements:
- romanticism (i don't mean it in the modern sense, i mean the actual style)
- focus on desire/love.
- no lyrics. poem or prose, doesn't matter. if you honestly think that someone writing more will overshadow a good use of brevity and shortness then don't sign up.
- voting will be restricted. i'll update on that later.
- nine entries, you have to have posted writing before february in S&L to be eligible. it will be three brackets of three each. may be subject to change.

notes
by focus on desire/love i don't mean the loss of it. no breakups, deaths, etc. as in, no irony of valentine's day being the day for a funeral or something similar. sorry if this is a bit restrictive, but there's no restriction on how you write it - just content. make it interesting.

keep it envious, loving, lustful, etc, and have fun.

due date: february 13th.

signups close: february 4th - 6th, not sure yet.

list
1) Alk 3 Addict
2) acdc4ever
3) truly_ninja
4) AWA
5) stratkat
6) grovermans
7) clichealias
8) #1 synth
9) frd_marshall
10) auals
11) thundernation
12) jammydude44
13) retribution [dropped]
14) wahreit leid
15) axe[some numbers]
16)
a1) final
a2) circular parade
a3)
a4)

a - alternate.
Last edited by punchupatatigge at Feb 11, 2007,
So we write a poem or whatever?
If so im in
Last edited by acdc4ever at Feb 1, 2007,
Teg and Matt neither of you have the right to hold someone out. If he wants in, he gets in. Its first come first serve, and thats not about to change. Do not substitute aperson out, do so and I'll step in. I'd also like to know what you have in mind for the voting?
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
- if a flakey character signs up and takes a spot that a S&L regular wants, then it will be given to the S&L regular.

Load of shite. I'm out.
Can I be the alt.?

I can't write anymore, but I've been meaning to write about my love, so this would be a perfect opportunity.

And I'm unsure as to whether or not I'd be able to get a piece in by the deadline.

Either way, I'm in as an alt. if permitted.
I'm in if there's a spot?

Actually, i'll be a reserve, my pieces aren't really up to what i call my standard and my standard is probably someone like Finals crap so i'll reserve and fill in if you don't get enough people (PM me if you need me)
Need Singing Advice?; Read the first page then ask questions.

Quote by punkman_123
Damn Auals, you're messed up. :P

Quote by ZanasCross
This just reminded me of the time that my brother in law texted his mom on the night after his wedding. All it said was "Consummated."
I imagine I'm too late.

In/alternate, depends what the situation is. 9 seems to few, surely you can have more in? Like, just say whoever gets their pieces in by the deadline? Or extend the comp? 9 seems to small.
i kind of didn't want to have to deal with that many people, but if i'm not allowed to restrict entries, then sure, now it's 16.
Quote by The Hurt Within
Teg and Matt neither of you have the right to hold someone out. If he wants in, he gets in. Its first come first serve, and thats not about to change. Do not substitute aperson out, do so and I'll step in. I'd also like to know what you have in mind for the voting?

Infact I'm not in till you've cleared up that point.
doesn't really matter, as excluding anyone seems to be a problem here.

call me elitist if you want, but there are people out there that really have no right to cast a hardly thought out vote and have it matter, especially for a competition involving effort.

voting will be standard.

and inadequate.
^ and i don't believe i ever said that it would be restricted to those who did frequent the forums. also, you don't know how i intended to make this work.

edit: originally, it was something along the lines of a tally vote not via poll, but via post. a brief reason or explanation for your choice so that the vote also provides critique and actual opinion.
Last edited by punchupatatigge at Feb 4, 2007,
Oh, sorry for jumping to conclusions then, it just seemed that's what you were getting at.

I believe people are supposed to vote and leave a post stating what they voted for, and even a reason as to why they voted for that piece.. but nobody really does that now. I was always under the impression that those were the "rules" to voting on here.
Count me in.
Belated apologies for my lack of work in the last comp (unable to use the computer at the time).

-Wahrheit Lied
I need a sig. :O!
Quote by punchupatatigge
^ and i don't believe i ever said that it would be restricted to those who did frequent the forums. also, you don't know how i intended to make this work.

edit: originally, it was something along the lines of a tally vote not via poll, but via post. a brief reason or explanation for your choice so that the vote also provides critique and actual opinion.

This has been tried. You're not the first, the problem arises when someone casts a decisive vote, but forgot to comment, or has returned from a period away and was not aware of the new rules. It caused a big hassle last time and I'm in no frame of mind to repeat it.

Anyone can cast a vote, I dont care. Yeah it bugs me sometimes, but the truth is that everyone either likes or dislikes two pieces of writing, sure they may not understand some of the intricacies a skilled writer would, but theres where the balence of writing comes.
Quote by The Hurt Within
This has been tried. You're not the first, the problem arises when someone casts a decisive vote, but forgot to comment, or has returned from a period away and was not aware of the new rules. It caused a big hassle last time and I'm in no frame of mind to repeat it.

Anyone can cast a vote, I dont care. Yeah it bugs me sometimes, but the truth is that everyone either likes or dislikes two pieces of writing, sure they may not understand some of the intricacies a skilled writer would, but theres where the balence of writing comes.

And, also, this is an interent forum, and this is just a bit of fun.
^ that was an idiotic statement.

one entry in already. the competition spots have filled up, but there are spots for alternates. due date remains intact.
Quote by frd_marshll
i ll be a alt i guess i wish i was in but somebody won't turn there piece in i bet

If you really want a spot, you can have mine.

I mean, I'm just doing this mostly for fun, if you're going to be writing Valentine's stuff anyway, by all means take my spot.

I'll be an alternate, let him in instead of me.

I'm more interested in seeing a new piece from you than some crap churned out by me anyway. I'd probably be inspired by a girl with a boyfriend, anyhow. haha.
you know what... i'm not sure that i'm gonna have time to write a piece for this... so just to be safe i'm gonna pull out... someone else can have my spot.
hehe, i was hoping someone else wouldn't write one necessarily about love. theres much to appreciate about valentine's day outside of the hallmark one.

axe, you can be an alternate, but frd_marshall has bassbeat77's spot.
Alright, i know what an alternate is but can you tell me what i can and cant do as an alternate?
Quote by TrigFunction
you know actually the romanticism era had nothing to do with love at all. It was mostly finding beauty and self in nature... but yeah.

"Nothing to do with love at all?"

Well that's hardly true. What about Byron?
Quote by axe395
Alright, i know what an alternate is but can you tell me what i can and cant do as an alternate?

Make sure you have a piece ready so that if you are required, I.e. someone fails to submit a piece, then the comp starter can PM you and you can send a piece asap.
Page 1 of 2