View poll results: which first guitar or lyrics
guitar
3 38%
lyrics
3 38%
or both at the same time
2 25%
Voters: 8.
i've been playing guitar for a few years now and im starting to get the guitar part down, but im still not so good at writing lyrics

anyone got any tips or tricks

one thing i do is write down random one line thoughts on a sheet of paper and then after i've written down a pageful i'll put a few of them together, it just amazes me when people can write a song with guitar and lyrics in like 10 or 15 minutes, and if ur one of those people tell me how u do it
Don't try and force the writing, just let it come to you. If you're motivated then write, if not then don't make yourself write. Also, other bands' lyrics can give you a good idea of what you want to write.
Don't You Talk to Billy Idol That Way.

Gear:
Epiphone Limited Ed. G-400 W/ Maestro Trem
Washburn WI14 Idol Series
Jasmine ES-31 Acoustic-Electric
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112
Don't try and force the writing, just let it come to you. If you're motivated then write, if not then don't make yourself write. Also, other bands' lyrics can give you a good idea of what you want to write.

I think the word you are looking for is "Influenced." When writing lyrics, its important to write them down when they come to you. For me, they just come to me and random times, mostly when im trying to go to sleep at night. Im a little rushed right now, but i would be happy to try and explain more if you want. just PM me. Ive been writing lyrics for a long time. It takes practice. like i said, if you want me to explain, PM me.
If you want to jam in/around Mooresville NC message me.