I alternative pick it.. it makes it easier on the tempo.. cuz people tend to go too fast in just down picking.. cant see what he does..
no bra its alternate picking...i saw an interview with ozzy and he said randy would alternate.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
Doesn't matter, it's slow enough to be able to play either way...just do whatever you feel like doing.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by steven seagull
Doesn't matter, it's slow enough to be able to play either way...just do whatever you feel like doing.

Aye.
Alternate picking it tends to make it sound a bit more precise and menacing...if you get the timing spot on it has a kind of feel of inevitability to it. Downpicking may throw the timing off slightly but theat'll give the riff a more aggression and an wilder, out of control feel.

Put it this way, I reckon Randy would have alternate picked it, but Zakk probably downpicks it.

I'm 50/50 on Jake E Lee
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I tend to alternate pick it and downpick slight accents on the notes on the A string.
I alterjnate pick it. It's easier for me to keep rhythm and timing with it. But downpicking gives a big chug to the sound.
alternate picking is easiest. and it depends on who you're watching play it. I know that when Zakk plays it he down picks. randy played it alternate
"there is a man...
playing a violin...
and the strings...
are the veins in his own arm."
I alternate pick the intro, and downpick the second time (after the solo). I just like how it interacts with the song's dynamics.