what amp should i buy i just want a head atleast 100 watts. i wanna choose between the crate powerblock 150 watt, ibanez tb100h, marshall mg100hdfx
Can I PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE vote none of the above?

Please?

The Powerblock is just meant to be a back-up amp. It's tone is very mediocre.

The MG is one of the biggest wastes of money you could conjure up. Sounds like crap, is built poorly, and is overpriced to boot.

The Ibanez is very bland and boring.

How much money do you have, what type of music do you play, and what cab do you have?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by FacingUsAll
Can I PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE vote none of the above?

Please?

The Powerblock is just meant to be a back-up amp. It's tone is very mediocre.

The MG is one of the biggest wastes of money you could conjure up. Sounds like crap, is built poorly, and is overpriced to boot.

The Ibanez is very bland and boring.

How much money do you have, what type of music do you play, and what cab do you have?

i'm on his side
+1
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
i got about $1000.00 for an amp and cab i play rock, classic rock. metal but i also need some what of a clean tone to and i was hoping for 100watts so i can do gigs
Quote by garrett7
i got about $1000.00 for an amp and cab i play rock, classic rock. metal but i also need some what of a clean tone to and i was hoping for 100watts so i can do gigs

You have that much and you were going to waste it on those pieces of crap? You should send me some money for making your life better .

Lemme see what I can find...
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
God get a Laney VC 30.... All valve sounds alot better then any of those fart box's and will be just as loud if not louder......
Frank Zappa's not dead. He just smells funny.
For cabs, you should take a gander at Avatar.

The JCM 900 would probably suit your needs.

Don't get caught up in wattage (especially for solid state amps).

I've blasted my face off with 5 tube watts going into a 4x12.
Quote by utsapp89
Thousand bucks and you want to buy a piece of crap? Save up a little more and get a dual or triple rectifer and you WILL NOT be dissapointed.
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
Quote by SG6578
Thousand bucks and you want to buy a piece of crap? Save up a little more and get a dual or triple rectifer and you WILL NOT be dissapointed.

The recto might not suit what he's looking for.

And in my somewhat-educated opinion, I don't see a reason to ever own a triple recto .

Quote by garrett7
jcm9000 is $1500 just for the head. 2 much

USD? Methinks you are looking in the wrong place.
Quote by utsapp89
is there any thing for around like $1000.00 that is good like just a head. alot of people say tube but i have never played one so i dont know the difference
Quote by garrett7
is there any thing for around like $1000.00 that is good like just a head. alot of people say tube but i have never played one so i dont know the difference

Ok well let me give you the best advice yet.

Stick that money back in your pocket (bank account whatever) and GO PLAY A LOT OF AMPS.

You shouldn't base this amount of monetary commitment on a bunch of dudes on the internet (no matter how intelligent/smart/knowledgeable/f*ckin sexy they may be).

Don't be afraid of tube combos either; they get louder than you'll probably ever need.

Maybe look into a Traynor YCV-40WR.

BTW, 1000 Canadian = 850 USD, for those too lazy to figure it out.
Quote by utsapp89
Last edited by FacingUsAll at Feb 1, 2007,
if your amp is on full volume (your speakers are rated for a higher wattage) can you blow somthing because im always scared to turns things up all the way
Quote by garrett7
if your amp is on full volume (your speakers are rated for a higher wattage) can you blow somthing because im always scared to turns things up all the way

Well solid state amps shouldn't be turned up all the way because they sound like crap that way (as something to do with linear clipping, you don't really have to worry about that).

Tube amps actually sound better when cranked.

It won't damage anything; they are built to handle the amount of noise that they generate .
Quote by utsapp89
**** yah but doesnt have good clean tone once so ever
~My Gear~
ESP EX-50 (Dimarzio Steves Special in Bridge)
Fender Standard Telecaster
Peavey Valveking 100
Boss TU-2
BBE Sonic Stomp
Dunlop Cry Baby From Hell
Squier Strat