Does a Les Paul Studio perform well with classic rock and vintage? i.e. playin Floyd, Zeppelin, Beatles. Muddy Waters, Hendrix so on...
~Good Music Never Dies~

~Rock On!~

Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
are there any marshall tube amps?

Quote by myMesa8mybrain
Gibson Faded Flying V was sex in guitar form.

Quote by boredretard
i once went to a shop and bought a squier
Quote by BeneathParadise
Does a Les Paul Studio perform well with classic rock and vintage? i.e. playin Floyd, Zeppelin, Beatles. Muddy Waters, Hendrix so on...

Yah..
a Les Paul studio is essentially a Les Paul standard.. without the maple cap and binding... and some say sub-par quailty overall, which really varies from guitar to guitar.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
^True.

You really have to play ALOT of studios to find a good one.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
A Les Paul Studio is everything other Les Pauls are, but without all the cosmetic add-ons.
Floyd and Hendrix used strats most of the time, but if you want to get somewhat close the neck pickup on an LP sounds pretty good.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Quote by Jinskee
^True.

You really have to play ALOT of studios to find a good one.

I find its the same for most Les Pauls with a slight exception for Customs and Supremes...

I've played just as many subpar standards and classics, as studios.. its just studios are more prominent in stores because they are waaay cheaper.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
LP Studio is essentially the same guitar as the LP Classic, without the binding. LP Studio DO have a 3/4" maple top too, only it's plain maple rather than the figured maple you find on an LP Standard (the same plain maple top you get on an LP Classic). And yes, you can get vintage rock tones out of it easily.

And generally, the rule of "you have to try many before finding a good one" applies to ALL Gibson Les Pauls, not just Studios. I've personally played more Studios that sound fantastic than Standards and Customs. And Supremes have chambered bodies, so they sound compeltely different. I don't care much for them at all.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Just to back everyone up here, make sure you try the one that you buy.

I find with Gibson Les Pauls the same rule applies as guitars like Mexican Strats. They are cracking guitars as long as you get a good example. Obviously a bad Mexican is going to be worse than a bad Les Paul, but you get the idea.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Yeah, my Studio didn't hold up very well on stage. Not sure if it's the guitar itself or just a freak coincidence that everything went at once... I still love that guitar though. It sounds excellent. But I think I'll be sticking to useing my Agile and LTD for stage guitars from now on.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Quote by Crunchmeister
Yeah, my Studio didn't hold up very well on stage. Not sure if it's the guitar itself or just a freak coincidence that everything went at once... I still love that guitar though. It sounds excellent. But I think I'll be sticking to useing my Agile and LTD for stage guitars from now on.

I think you should take your Gibbo and your LTD to your next gig just to make sure it wasn't a freak occurance. If the Gibson starts messing up, just switch guitars.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by Striketalonx
Yah..
a Les Paul studio is essentially a Les Paul standard.. without the maple cap and binding... and some say sub-par quailty overall, which really varies from guitar to guitar.

Studios have maple caps.
Quote by Kurapica
I think you should take your Gibbo and your LTD to your next gig just to make sure it wasn't a freak occurance. If the Gibson starts messing up, just switch guitars.

I always have a backup. I mean, all I needed to do was retune the low E and I was fine for the last 2 songs I played, even with the string our of the notch. The pots / switch being loose didn't affect my playign at all. I didn't need to switch. But my LTD was waiting in the wings in case of more serious problems.