Possibly. Although I don't really recommend trying to play Motley Crue songs if you don't have tremelo on your guitar...Mick Mars loves his tremelo!
Haha. I wouldn't go as far as to say a tremelo is fancy.

Either way you could still play the song without it. The main riff and most of the rhythm in the song doesn't call for the use of one. Most of the whammy/tremelo bits are just your typical wanky sounding glam-rock fills anyway.

On the otherhand, you could always go out and get a whammy pedal, but that's going to extremes.
the song just isnt the same without the intro though, I used to work on that song when I had my jackson, but sold it a while back. I tried playing it on my LP last week and found a halfway effective replacement for the engine sound.....start at the 10th fret of the Low E, strike it then bend the hell out of it. then go down to the 5th fret E, strike and bend, then Open E and bend it behind the nut. Not the same but still pretty effective.
if its the bit where it sounds like a bike then no it is pretty hard to do without, and like piecies said, you could just bend the string alot, it works but not as well as having a trem, i dont use strats or anytihng guitar with a trem for that matter, im a gibson man
Quote by demea
Whammy pedal if you're using a Gibson.

Was gonna say that myself.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
as soon as i finished posting on here i went back to college and all the way there i had motley crue blasting full blast on my ipod, i love them
Quote by beckyjc
How about behind the nut bends?

Considering that for the song in particular and its first 3 notes, Mick plucks the string with the whammy pretty much fully depressed. He starts with the D, then repeats on the A and E strings. That would be impossible to do with nut bends.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
if he releases the whammy it wouldnt be, i cant remember how he does it
actually im sure on the live dvd he strums then uses the whammy
It won't sound the same without a whammy bar. You can imitate it, but you aren't going to get the same noises of the strings shaking or sensitivity, even with a whammy pedal.
no
yeah bucky is right, if you play live just start after that bit, or do it anyway, just cause you learn a song doesnt mean you have to play it perfect, dont try do something that you cant do
If it's that motorbike effect you won't get close with a whammy pedal, they don't work the right way.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com