Hey guys, Dave293 suggested this stuff to me for the clear coat on my fretless, what do you's think?

http://www.mirotone.com/Mirocat-PC-PrecatalysedLacquers/default.aspx

It seems like pretty darn good stuff, Dave suggested it so of course its gunna be good lol, but I guess it would be nice for some more feed back

Cheers, Tommy.
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
LesPaulMarshall, you friggin rock!
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
I never knew lacquers had to be catalased

I dunno, it sounds well enough give it a try.

If you dont' like it then use soemthign else for your next bdoy
Whats catalased???
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
Quote by adrian_brown89
It's pretty hard to find someone as hardcore as Tom. The race for hardcore supremacy would be pretty close but i think Tom's got his nose just in front for now...
Looks good, I think. Catalyze: To modify, especially to increase, the rate of a chemical reaction through the action of a catalyst. Since it's pre-catalyzed, it's prepped to do it's checmical thingy fast??? Maybe bond with the wood faster? Dry faster? Bond with the other coats faster?

Let us know how it goes. I'm thinking it'll be the opposite of the enamel "incident."

I'm not much of an expert of finishes but if a finish is not precatalysed you need to add a catalyst before spraying so the lacquer will dry(two-pack paints). Precats take longer to dry, but are more convienient.

That finish is a modifed nitro lacquer AFAIK and is the recommend replacement of there nitro lacquer, that they no longer do.
Did you PM me with this stuff? If not, i'd be willing to share what I thought. If you did, well I don't want to type up the same exact thing.

Chris
'Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose despondency and laziness make them give it up as unattainable.'
Yeah you did man, thanks for that too. Dave was saying somethign about mixing a die (white) for i end up with a white nitro pretty much....
Quote by Unforgivable
LesPaulMarshalls ace!
Quote by Dudage
Quote by adrian_brown89