Inpossible, the concrete wont be ready. Plus, the process of building a house is so buerocratic, that half the time you're building a house, you are just sitting around waiting for an inspector to come look at it.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
I don't see where they mentioned concrete, hell, every day something new is invented, it could be some sort of mystery substance...

EDIT: 200 years ago people thought flying was impossible...
If you build a house without concrete, when it rains you're house will slowly dip to one side and sink into the ground. In almost every house there is a big board that runs across called a header that runs straight down the middle of your house. You can locate this because it is often that thing on the ceiling that seperates maybe a room or 2 in your bottom floor. If you have a poor foundation... or even worse, NO foundation you will notice cracking in the drywall their most likely, and probably on your ceiling. A house with NO foundation is not structurely sound.
FOR AWESOME HANDWOUND PICKUPS, CONTACT CorduroyEW
BOOBS
Quote by ratmblink123
Good for you. Have a cookie.

But really... there's no cookie. And if there was, you wouldn't get one.
Last edited by CORT noob at Feb 2, 2007,
Either way, that's not really the idea, it would be useful for emergency shelters, 200 years ago people didn't think a plane dealy would be possible, now look at the world...

It's just really cool that they have a robot that can do this kind of stuff...all I'm trying to say.
wow im a construction major in college this is shitty news for me. if they can do this today in 10 years there may be no need for us
Yeah but CORT has a point, concrete wouldn't set that fast unless they invented some super-chemical. If this worked their would be no need for people to build emergency shelters, they'd just send a robot to do it.
i think it's pretty damn cool. and why does it have to be made of concrete at all? the foundations were evidently made from a different material than the walls so i'd expect it's a faster drying substitute. anyone else notice that there were no stairs to the first floor?
Check out 8-Bit Trip!
www.myspace.com/8BitTrip

-·-·-·[ Music Squirrel ]·-·-·-

Also, get on my profile and friend me, bitches!
read about this in the paper a while ago. sounds like a good plan to me, but the machine thing that builds the house must be friggin' enormous :\
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy