Page 1 of 2
Okay i love RATM and i thought i should hold a RATM contest, i am a judge of course. and it may be hard to emulate a lot of his sounds without a whammy but there are a few songs he uses without a whammy eg. Bombtrack, Freedom.

Rules:
Only 3 judges.
One song per two people.
Backing Tracks Allowed.
Must be your own work (of course!).

Judges:
1. Shredlet
2. OrangePossum
3. Michelangelo193

Contestants:
1. pdomres - Killing in the Name
2. bassdrum - Bulls on Parade
3. jsnate - Renegades of Funk
4. X Deathrow X - Guerilla Radio
5. Manic Subsidul - Killing in the Name Linkage
6. Defiant Man - Bulls on Parade Linkage
7. guitarhero_764 - Bombtrack

Deadline is Saturday 19th of May so you should get it in!

anyway post away!

BTW Bombtrack and Killing in the Name are unable to be covered any more! sorry
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Last edited by Shredlet at May 1, 2007,
how are you going to decide who the two other judges are?
member of the AUSTRALIA FTW! Club. PM the_random_hero join. Australians only

Feel the Rhythm...
well first come first serve!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Okie Dokie your down!
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
yeah sure!

Judges all filled!
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
okay your down, and btw Bulls on Parade isnt really that hard. i can master it i was playing it with my band today actually
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
I know for the most part it isn't that hard, I just have to master the dj scratchy noises.
Mind posting links to the songs once they're in? I won't be able to judge but i'd still love to hear them. I love Rage!!!
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by evening_crow
Mind posting links to the songs once they're in? I won't be able to judge but i'd still love to hear them. I love Rage!!!

yeah sure thing
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
I'd like to do "Renegades of Funk".
Last edited by jsnate at Feb 5, 2007,
ur down!
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
Ohhhhhh man, I got Guerilla Radio recorded, and my sis's bf was gonna do the vocals, so I'll try to get him to finish them up (he already started on it) and if we cant get it done on time, I'll just send in music part, I did the guitar stuff with a backing track btw.
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
okay so should i put you up?
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
township rebellion would have been cool or calm like a bomb...if i only hadnt sold my prs...haha...i hope someone does those so i can hear.
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Yes please, I'll just send in my part if he doesnt get the vocals done.
..::RIP::..
Randy Rhoads & Dimebag
Okay 10 days to go work hard rockers!
Quote by Aqua Dementia

Quote by WNxScythe

Digitech Whammy Club!
I've got killing in the name already recorded, so if i cna also do that song im in. Link in my sig.
Recordings of me and my band in my profile
Quote by bassdrum
How is this gonna work if Shredlet was banned? Uh-oh.

He asked us to tell you you have 30 more days to get your entries in.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
Quote by FrenchyFungus
He asked us to tell you you have 30 more days to get your entries in.

Ah, ok,thank you.

Sorry guys, I have to withdraw. I just realized that I'm not going to be back to my dorm (where my gear is) until Sunday.
Quote by pdomres

Sorry guys, I have to withdraw. I just realized that I'm not going to be back to my dorm (where my gear is) until Sunday.

You have 4 weeks left almost
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
SO will my entry of killing in the name count too or no? If so, the link is in my sig.
Quote by Manic Subsidul
SO will my entry of killing in the name count too or no? If so, the link is in my sig.

That's a awesome cover. Some parts don't sound just right, almost like you did pinch harmonics on the parts notes in ( ):

G|-----------(4)----------------(3)-----------------(2)--
D|-------------------------------------------------------
A|0--3h5------------0---3h5----------0---3h5-------------
D|0-----------------0----------------0-------------------

But other than that, it sounds damn close to the real thing.
Thanks man, i hope it counts as an entry for this contest. The reasoning behind doing the pinch harmonics and my own solo was because i thought it sounded too much like the original and i wanted to make it my own. (that and i don't have a whammy pedal..)
Quote by Manic Subsidul
Thanks man, i hope it counts as an entry for this contest. The reasoning behind doing the pinch harmonics and my own solo was because i thought it sounded too much like the original and i wanted to make it my own. (that and i don't have a whammy pedal..)

Where did you get your back tracking at? I've been looking for some but can't find any.

(sorry for getting off topic, PM your answer if you'd like)
good luck everyone. if i had anything to upload my music on to the computer i would do this too. i can't wait to hear all the covers. i can do a mean "i'm housin"
Quote by Manic Subsidul

hey man good cover i can also play it just not quite as good as you close tho (i also need the wah pedal) jus to let ya know ur cover of master of puppets kicks ass the solo was executed beautifuly it had awesome tone and sustain if you dont mind me asking what equiptment do you use?
Uhh... since Shredlet is banned, I can still judge this with Michelangelo193 or I could just judge it myself, since the deadline is over (I think it is anyways...).

So, do we want to forget about this or want me to judge?

I have links to Manic Subsiduls and DefiantMan's entries. I skimmed through to look for links so PM me if you're in this and weren't listed.
Quote by aeon20k
hey man good cover i can also play it just not quite as good as you close tho (i also need the wah pedal) jus to let ya know ur cover of master of puppets kicks ass the solo was executed beautifuly it had awesome tone and sustain if you dont mind me asking what equiptment do you use?

As crazy as it sounds i run an Agile 3100 into a spider II using an SM57 to mic it. Yeah, i know they are dubbed probably the worst amp around but hey i think i can pull some decent tones out of it.
Page 1 of 2