can someone link me to a website with a p-bass being played through a really shitty amp? or describe its tone? note that i dont know what trebly and warm etc. means
Its got a kinda... plunky sound, in my opinion. Listian to some Blink 182, or Some dead kennedys from the Klaus Floraide era.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Your bass will only sound as good as your amp can make it sound. if you have a shitty amp, a £1000 bass will still sound shitty, just maybe not as shitty.

You cant polish a turd.
dude, whats with all the P-bass threads? you bought one, and you're playing it through a shit amp? live with it, nobodies going to pull a muscle trying to find that exact emulated sound.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Yeah, his threads are getting really boring now. Try playing your bass instead of talking about it
Don't play with an amp until you get a better one, just make sure there's not a lot of background noise so you can hear what you're playing.
Quote by Applehead
Yeah, his threads are getting really boring now. Try playing your bass instead of talking about it

+1
signature
Quote by zekk
Its got a kinda... plunky sound, in my opinion. Listian to some Blink 182, or Some dead kennedys from the Klaus Floraide era.

blink 182's mark hoppus uses mostly jazz basses, so be careful to which blink you listen to. however, he HAS used a P-bass before and what looks like a musicman in one video
Quote by jincasa
blink 182's mark hoppus uses mostly jazz basses, so be careful to which blink you listen to. however, he HAS used a P-bass before and what looks like a musicman in one video

no its a custom bass with P pick ups and P neck but a J body
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by jincasa

I'm sure Mark has mainly used P basses; Fender P-bass and his signature- Jazz bass body with p-bass pickups, is that what you're getting mixed up.

But someone let me know if im wrong
signature
go listen to the foo fighters
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.