1)Downsizing from 4x12 to 2x12

2)Budget of £200-250

3)Can be new or second hand

4)Must be 100w rating or over

5)Can be on ebay, just provide a link.

Suggestions please!
Maybe a 1936V? If you had a bigger budget, I'd reccomend an Orange 2x12.
I thought you had a 2x12, not a 4x12? (according to your sig)
These go to eleven...
i have both, this is for someone else

just thought id help em out

i have thought of a few, but would like some suggestions or experiences, cheers
Kustom Quad 100 DFX

It's an awesome solid state 2x12 for a great price. There are also a number of digital effects built into the amp, most of which are pretty good. A friend of mine upgraded to a stack and so I bought this from him, and boy, am I glad I did. It gets a great, warm tone and the Celestion speakers are LOUD.

But if you're looking for metal, this may not be your direction.
look into the Framus 2x12. V30's and a very decent cab for a very reasonable price new.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
not flaming at all, just wondering why anyone would want to dowgrade to a 2X12? is there some advantage there besides weight concerns? just curious.
Quote by mardigian
not flaming at all, just wondering why anyone would want to dowgrade to a 2X12? is there some advantage there besides weight concerns? just curious.

Some actually prefer the tone of 2x12s, also, the weight.
yeah, space, portability, and the tone for some. There is also a difference in loudness. Doubling the number of speakers gives +3dB, which is nearly the same difference as doubling the amp's power(+3dB).
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
yeah, space, portability, and the tone for some. There is also a difference in loudness. Doubling the number of speakers gives +3dB, which is nearly the same difference as doubling the amp's power(+3dB).

Quality and well thought out components can make up for the "lack" of the other two speakers.
no argument there. Speaker sensitivity alone can make up for it.
amp clips
amp vids
Just to rectify, a 2x12 cab please, not a combo.

Secondly i downsized and my friend is too, because of the weight of the feckers.

Thirdly, 4x12 does not sound louder, it moves more air, i have a THD 2x12 anyway, that sounds bigger than 2Marshall 4x12s because the way its designed and the speakers it uses.

thanks, carry on.
Quote by davedoom
Thirdly, 4x12 does not sound louder, it moves more air, i have a THD 2x12 anyway, that sounds bigger than 2Marshall 4x12s because the way its designed and the speakers it uses.

actually, look it up Dave. doubling the speakers, all else being equal, does in fact add +3dB SPL. It's nowhere near twice as loud, but it is a perceivable difference.
amp clips
amp vids
yeah ok, if you want to be nit picky.

but say if youre at this (Maiden for eg) concert standing face to face with Mr Marshall Cab roaring away at 100+db when your ears actually start crackling anyway, youre not going to notice a hell of a dif. haha
haha, can't argue there. 3rd row of a Pantera show, I know eardrum distortion.
amp clips
amp vids
Front row all the way through unholly alience=ownzord:P
Quote by Danno13

Go cut your wrists or whatever it is you emo kids do for fun, I'm not helping you.

member of UG's gain \/\/hores- pmgpderek09 to join
Quote by idontloveyou
oh my.
you poor soul.
i'll go and slit my wrists for you so you dont have to.

Quote by spanerman
Front row all the way through unholly alience=ownzord:P

Me too
Quote by ShizNick
Ok I think we're all good now. We're on the same page, and I'm back to trying to get with his sister.

^That's how you do it, kids!
Member #3 of the Iron Maiden Are Gods club. PM Revelations to join!

I write, apparently!