Page 1 of 3
should i kill my rhythm guitarist?

he is really getting on my nerves....

because...

at band practice ill be playing the solo that i play in a song and he'll also play it..

thats annoying.. once maybe not bad... but he does this all the time...
i asked him to stop but he doesnt...

and now on bebo... (its kinda like myspace).. you can have 'other halves' and its like your girl friend or whatever... and guess what..... this girl from school that i like and thought liked me is his other half..

im gonna kill him..

maybe shes trying to make me jelous by being his otherhalf...?
MD5K
IBANEZ
what?
Quote by AronRa (Youtube user)
It is better to be proven wrong, than to forever be wrong, and never know it.

Quote by Meths
Bill Hicks rules.

I hate my user name >_<
Uh...don't kill him. He's not nearly as bad as some of the other shit I hear people's band members doing. Talk to him. A very long talk. Make sure he's listening.

And as for the girl thing...relationship thread.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
that may be a bit confusing.... i just wanted to tell someone....
MD5K
IBANEZ
1) Take the first half of this to the band leading thread and the second to the open relationship thread
2) Calm Down
3) Kill him later
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
Yes mate, you should definitely kill your rhythm guitarist.

OR, you could realise that if he's capable of playing the solos that you are, he's probably bored just playing rhythm.

So while your randomly capitalised signature screams maturity like the front cover of a Motley Crue album screams "cool jazz", please take my advice: let him solo a bit, and forget about the girl since she's out of reach. And if that doesn't work and you do end up murdering him, make sure you mix the corpse into a building's foundations or something. Murder will have you in prison for twenty five years to life, and nobody needs that. There's guitar to be played.
Last edited by scrilly at Feb 2, 2007,
Quote by SG thrasher
Suck it up, pussy, you're just jealous, he can play guitar well and get the girl you want.

yeah but thats the thing he cant play well...

'trying not to sound big headed'

im hell better that him...

and it is annoying
MD5K
IBANEZ
you shouldnt be asking, "Should I kill him?" You SHOULD be asking, "How should I kill him"
and turn it into a Poll, I like polls...
i was just gonna say, "if he's not stealing ur gf, its still fine" but THIS HAS CROSSED THE LINE. KILL HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
so what your saying is, your rhythm guitarist just made you obsolete? and took the girl you like

id say leave the band
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
yeah he does play solos as well!!! its not like im some kind of solo hog!

he gets his solos and i get mine!! but he still plays mine!!

maybe i should forget about the girl
MD5K
IBANEZ
Then duel him on his solos you wimp. If you're better than him like you claim it won't be a problem.
yes, concentrate on the solos first, then nkill him for stealing your girlfriend
www.myspace.com/symmetry4321

Quote by RockerPseudonym
I think stone is either 7 or 14 lbs

Edit I'm gonna go with 14 because it's rather unlikely you're 56 pounds

Quote by evening_crow
sounds like....u need a...

BAND MEETING!!!
make your solos harder so he cant ****ign play them end of and then heil look shit when he attempts them
play twin guitar solos like thin lizzy or trivium - then u'd both be playing the solos!
i did the same back to him!!

we were playing like light to the flies by trivium.

i play the first solo, we both play the harmony and then he plays the second solo...

so i played over his solo just to show him how annoying it is!!

but he still does it!!!
MD5K
IBANEZ
he mainly plays over ac/dc and black sabbath when there is only one solo... this sucks..
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by TORSION
i did the same back to him!!

we were playing like light to the flies by trivium.

i play the first solo, we both play the harmony and then he plays the second solo...

so i played over his solo just to show him how annoying it is!!

but he still does it!!!

Yea, why didn't that work? I mean, punches end fistfights, doing what he does to you should TOTALLY work.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

Quote by ss311

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
Quote by blue_strat
play twin guitar solos like thin lizzy or trivium - then u'd both be playing the solos!

Well that's what I'd do in the situation, but it does require a certain amount of teamwork that homicidal urges are generally not conducive to.
Last edited by scrilly at Feb 2, 2007,
Quote by VoltanEchoes
Yea, why didn't that work? I mean, punches end fistfights, doing what he does to you should TOTALLY work.

thats true...

well what do you suggest i do...?

i was planning to talk to him about it...
MD5K
IBANEZ
Why dont both you and your rythym guitarist alternate between solos, its obvious he likes to play them as much as you. So you can take turns at doing certain solos in a song.
yeah we both do already play solos...

but when there is only one solo in the song he plays it over me!!
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by Gbell3587
Why dont both you and your rythym guitarist alternate between solos, its obvious he likes to play them as much as you. So you can take turns at doing certain solos in a song.

He said they do, but that the rhythm guitaristkeeps playing his solo's too.

I reccon you should just sit him and talk. If he continues doing it kick him out, or you leave.
Depending on whether or not you're good friends with him you've got two main options.
1) If you are friends you really ought to try and work something out. Tell him that playing over your solos when he already gets his own just makes him seem like a total prick. Eh, after that your on your own...

2) If he's not really that good a friend just tell him to fuck off. Simple.
yeah i am pretty good friends with him.. so i dont really want to kick him out or leave.. so thats no option...

i definaltely think ill talk to him tomorrow at band practice..
MD5K
IBANEZ
hahaha girls like wal-mart....

thats good....

ok ill talk to him...

any suggestions on what to say?
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by TORSION
thats true...

well what do you suggest i do...?

i was planning to talk to him about it...

Well...

Quote by VoltanEchoes
Uh...don't kill him. He's not nearly as bad as some of the other shit I hear people's band members doing. Talk to him. A very long talk. Make sure he's listening.

What do you think I think you should do?
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

Quote by ss311

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
just be straight and tell him, i do my bits you do yours dont play mine and i wont play yours.... its not nearly as annoying when your trying to discuss something during practice and the drummer starts playing drums and ya like shut the hell up :@
jealous much?
he gets the girl for some obvious reasons.
you act like a little kid, he is a better guitarist because hes showing you up, and you're to stupid to be able to show him up.
Quote by Immortal_Guitar
ExiledSoul, you have just won the Best UG Liar award. Thanks for participating with your incredible dumbassery and lies.

Quote by gsr2k6
I have a turd with a carrot stuck in it. Its the GREATEST pet ever, makes quite the mess though.
you shoould leave the band and do a solo album.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

yeah i wish drums had a mute button!!!

maybe i should kill my drummer instead!!!

yes i think a good long chat is in order... the whole you play yours, ill play mine.. as mr. nightwalker903 said..
MD5K
IBANEZ
Quote by TORSION
yeah i am pretty good friends with him.. so i dont really want to kick him out or leave.. so thats no option...

i definaltely think ill talk to him tomorrow at band practice..

After the talk, if he still continues to do it, kick him out. Friend or not. Don't hesitate to kick somebody out ebcuase they're your friend. If he's stopping you musically wise (Which he is - with taking your solo's), then if he continues, kick him out. You're going to tell him, so if he continues and then gets kicked out, he can't complain - he was warned.
Page 1 of 3