im looking at a new amp and i think i want a tube amp becasue of the tone, but but i cant afford a stack and head, so i was thinking of the blues jr. or something like that, but i like to play classic rock and some metallica and stuff so i am wondering how the fender amps will handle distortion?? does anyone else make a tube amp combo?? any suggestion?? nothing over $500
the lower end marshalls and vox amps are solid state (maybe??), and i cant afford a marshall half stack
My Blues Jr handles distortion great, but you'll need it loud to get great OD sounds out of it, and it probably won't handle metallica etc.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
heck yeah you hook a Boss Mega Distortion to it you'll get massive amounts of dist. well able to handle metallica. (i know this becuase my cousin has a blues jr and mega dist.) depending on your guitar too.
1993 Jackson Dinky Professional XL (shred)
Modified Squier Strat (blues and anything)
Vox Valvetronix AD30VT
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Dunlop Original Crybaby GCB-95
Take a look at Laney for that sort of price.
A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who isn't a closed-minded moron.
I can get an awesome heavy metallica-type sound with my blues junior and metal muff
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy
A Blues Jr is a nice amp, but it's a big step down from a half stack if that's what you're really wanting. You could get a bigger combo on the used market, with money to spare. Used Peavey Classic 30s and Fender Hot Rods regularly go for under $400. Good, versatile amps.
You Don't Need a halfstack.

You Don't Need 100W.

Quote by jj1565
i love you slats.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ashdown-Fallen-Angel-40-DSP-Guitar-Combo?sku=485043

or a traynor, or a laney, or peavey windsor, tube crate, or used classic 30^, or a bunch of other used amps.

the blues junior is nice, but it's a "BLUES" jr. you can get slamming hard rock with pedals and OD'd. but ur better off starting with a two channel gain tube amp imo.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Isn't peavey coming out with a windsor combo? Maybe you should wait for that. I think it was 15w w/ more gain than the blues jr for under $500.
Quote by wonder725
Isn't peavey coming out with a windsor combo? Maybe you should wait for that. I think it was 15w w/ more gain than the blues jr for under $500.

yea i saw a video about that on gearwire.com, it looks awesome!
Epiphone LP Classic, LP Tribute+
Fender MIM Strat
Fender Blues Junior
Marshall Class 5 Head, 1960a Cabinet
Carvin G412T
Fulltone OCD
Boss DS-1, SD-1 & DM-2
EHX Metal Muff
Dunlop Crybaby
Danelectro Fab Chorus
Digitech Whammy