When I bought my Yamaha Pacifica 112J he said I should bring it every 6 months for an adjustment. I never brought my Classical Yamaha guitar into the shop since I bought it in the 5 or so years I had it, and it plays fine. Was this guy just trying to get me to pay him so money every six months or is he legit. I know a bit about adjusting the truss rod thing, is that each 6 months job, and I know classical nylons don't have that. Any Help??

Ben Pazolli
A lot of people recommend getting your guitar tuned up every once in a while. I've never done it because there's no one even close to nearby me who can do it. If it's not too much of a hassle for you, you might as well do it.

By the way, never deal with your truss rod unless you know exactly what you're doing. You could really screw things up.
On the other hand you might learn a thing or two if you try it yourself :P
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
When I bought my Yamaha Pacifica 112J he said I should bring it every 6 months for an adjustment. I never brought my Classical Yamaha guitar into the shop since I bought it in the 5 or so years I had it, and it plays fine. Was this guy just trying to get me to pay him so money every six months or is he legit. I know a bit about adjusting the truss rod thing, is that each 6 months job, and I know classical nylons don't have that. Any Help??

Ben Pazolli

As long as you look after it he's talking bollocks. There's nothing that you can't sort out yourself - if you change string gauge or tunings you may have to adjust the tremelo springs, intonation may go a bit off over time (although it's a fiddly job and you may prefer to get someone else to do it to save the hassle), strings will need changing every couple of months or so.

Always play with clean hands, wipe down the strings after playing, don't leave your guitar in the cold or damp (unheated garages, car boots etc) and it'll be fine. It might be worth taking it in every few years or so to see if it needs a fret dress, which manifests itself as string buzz appearing when you haven't changed anything, or certain frets choking when others don't. That can happen if you play a lot, but only infrequently.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com