Page 1 of 2
Hi,

Does somebody know the title of the song that plays when greenday is entering the stage/doing some poses on the bullet on a bible DVD.

thx
green day sucks!!!!!!!1
Quote:
guy-get an ak-47 shoot him and blame it on his dog
man-he dont have one... can someone siriously help me?!
guy-just jack one froma local pet store. throw it in his yard. shoot him. duck tape the ak-14 to the dogs paw. run.. use gloves.
I think it's Also Sprach Zarathustra by Richard Strauss.
In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely considered a bad move.
Quote by shooky
green day sucks!!!!!!!1

Green Day are fucking awesome, have you got thier level of sucess? can you write popular catchy songs to the calibre that they can? No

are you a retard? Yes
It's L'Oddessey D'Espace, the theme tune from 2001: A Space Oddessey. And Green Day own most modern bands.
Quote by Draken
Green Day are fucking awesome, have you got thier level of sucess? can you write popular catchy songs to the calibre that they can? No

are you a retard? Yes

I can write like them.

its hillarious that when i was learning a few songs when i was a beginner that everytime i messed up it sounded like greenday.
Quote by TJ1991
It's L'Oddessey D'Espace, the theme tune from 2001: A Space Oddessey. And Green Day own most modern bands.

L'Oddessey D'Espace? Where'd you get that from? Kubrick used Also Sprach Zarathustra for 2001.
In the beginning, the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and is widely considered a bad move.
Quote by Draken

are you a retard? Yes

your practically beggin for a video showing that his skill of guitarplaying is at the same level as an alligators skill of building an airplane.
he - sucks - ass, at playing guitar. i have students that can beat him by far. and they've been playing for maybe 2 years. poor billy joe buttcrack ain't able to reach him neither at songwriting of playing his crappy tapping solo's.
Wise Man Says: The guitar is obviously female, she's got hips, breasts... and a hole.
UG's Flamenco Club
Quote by FretboardToAsh
your practically beggin for a video showing that his skill of guitarplaying is at the same level as an alligators skill of building an airplane.
he - sucks - ass, at playing guitar. i have students that can beat him by far. and they've been playing for maybe 2 years. poor billy joe buttcrack ain't able to reach him neither at songwriting of playing his crappy tapping solo's.

So what, he makes fun songs that are simple catchy and enjoyable, if people like it then the level of complexity or skill doesn't mean shit. Music isn't about how you play the song, it's about how many teenage girls you can make want to fuck your brains out.
Quote by FretboardToAsh

That's correct, Billie Joe's buttcrack is greater than you. By far.

As to the title, I don't know, I'll maybe go take a look to help out. I also might report the stupid cunts like FretboardToAsh and Jeff Manthei.

EDIT: I Youtubed it, it's one of those things everyone knows but not many know the name of, or at least, I think it is. So I can't really help out, because I don't know the name.

EDIT 2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Also_sprach_Zarathustra_(Strauss)

Yeah, looks like that's it. Though it seems another band used it as an intro to their concerts. Tsk tsk Green Day
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Last edited by JamieB at Feb 2, 2007,
1) It's my dad's DVD
2)I just want to know the title of the intro
3)I was asking something, don't make hate-post because if you suck you wouldn't play for 130.000 peaople in 2 days.
Seriously, all you people always arguing about Green Day and guitar skills: Your beating a dead horse. Your searching for a conclusion to statements that are and always will be pure opinions. I'm not a fan of Green Day at all, but do you know Billie Joe? Have you listened to any guitar playing he does outside of Green Day? I'm betting he sucks too, but don't tell other people not to listen to them, that's down right ignorance. Saying that makes you no better than Billie Joe's guitar playing.

EDIT: This doesn't belong in The Pit either, so either someone should close it or move it to Pop Punk/Emo.
Quote by Criek
1) It's my dad's DVD
3)I was asking something, don't make hate-post because if you suck you wouldn't play for 130.000 peaople in 2 days.

Btw, can someone tell me where i can find tabs for that intro sound?
Quote by TooLateForRoses
"My anus is bleeding uncontrollably, what should I do?

Quote by GuitarNinja12
I have a Fender DVD and theres a tour of the Factory in California that makes American Strats. All of the employees were mexican. So American Strats are also Mexican Strats.
Quote by Z3r0M4nc3r

Btw, can someone tell me where i can find tabs for that intro sound?

There's a power tab for it on this website.

Quote by TJ1991

Well, thats your personal opinion

But i'm getting the impression you haven't heard a lot of modern bands...
Quote by Criek
1) It's my dad's DVD

Ah yes. The old "it's my dad's greenday DVD" defense.
post dookie sucks. lets leave it at that.

Edit: that includes their touring and crap songs and performing with u2. damn i hate billy joe.
Quote by TonyRandall

you are definately a skilled writer.

myspace.

my band

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~

Member of the USA LAUGAM HIT SQUAD
Quote by FretboardToAsh

it's not a competition moron, fuck I hate that kind of attitude. I don't mind them at all, it's better than listening to hip hop. Just cause he can't shread doesn't mean he sucks. He's a more successful song writer than you, he doesn't have to teach to make ends meet and he's doing what he loves and not trying to play out of his skill level.
if you can't be a good example
be a bad warning

Quote by aequitasveritas
lol, so i got a boner this one time and i was watching tv, so i decided to hump the little crack between the two cushions of the couch. yeah.

www.free-game-downloads.mosw.com
Quote by future rock god
you need someone to follow you around stopping you before you do something stupid, i'll help, mistake!!
If you're going to try (and fail) at being funny. Be original.

Scrubs > you
Quote by Draken
So what, he makes fun songs that are simple catchy and enjoyable, if people like it then the level of complexity or skill doesn't mean shit. Music isn't about how you play the song, it's about how many teenage girls you can make want to fuck your brains out.

Yes, that's what matters in music, how many 13 year old chicks a 35 year old married man can screw...
Quote by Superpartydude5
Yes, that's what matters in music, how many 13 year old chicks a 35 year old married man can screw...

yep, it's all about the jailbait.
Quote by future rock god
you need someone to follow you around stopping you before you do something stupid, i'll help, mistake!!

"I don't know why he's an opera singer..."
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Billie Joe isn't as bad a guitarist as you think.
Plus, who cares if he's not as good as Alex Laiho or whoever you're busy creaming yourself about... he writes damn good songs, simple songs, catchy songs - which is just as hard as writing a complex modal solo.
It's similar to Carmina Burana in that it's one of the songs that everybody's heard, but nobody knows the name of it.

It's relatively common for use in intros of all types (sports, concerts, etc.).

Wikipedia
Quote by future rock god

it'd be funnier if when you read it an opera guy actually sang mistake like in scrubs
Quote by gibsonpenguin
It's similar to Carmina Burana in that it's one of the songs that everybody's heard, but nobody knows the name of it.

It's relatively common for use in intros of all types (sports, concerts, etc.).

Wikipedia

Déjà vu?

Quote by JamieB
EDIT: I Youtubed it, it's one of those things everyone knows but not many know the name of, or at least, I think it is. So I can't really help out, because I don't know the name.

EDIT 2:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Also_sprach_Zarathustra_(Strauss)

Yeah, looks like that's it. Though it seems another band used it as an intro to their concerts. Tsk tsk Green Day

Quote by Draken

are you a retard? Yes

1. Green Day are not ****ing awesome
2. just because all the ditzy girls in high school like a Green Day song doesn't make it a good song
3. retards don't know how to type. think up a more clever insult that doesn't make you seem as stupid as who you are trying to offend
Quote by kryzay311
1. Green Day are not ****ing awesome
2. just because all the ditzy girls in high school like a Green Day song doesn't make it a good song
3. retards don't know how to type. think up a more clever insult that doesn't make you seem as stupid as who you are trying to offend

1. It's all just perspective
2. Just because a lot of my friends who are adults like Green Day mean they are good to us
3. Retard is a perjorated term now, generally to mean someone who is stupid.
Quote by Draken

Yes I do enjoy them to a certain degree but if your just playing guitar for that reason, then you have no buisness playing guitar, you fuckin pedophile
Quote by Draken

are you a retard? Yes

+1

Finally a well know UGer spoke up and defended them...
I'm not even gonna bother getting on this subject again. I've already pwned the hell out of this subject enough. If you wanna know why Billie Joe sucks, read my 28 posts in the "That Video of Billie Joe Shredding" thread.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
i hate green day because lots of people like them, i hate pop culture too

and they use powerchords which means they suck no question

im gunna go listen to some indie metal band only 5 people know about

EDIT: im joking, i like green day its just people who hate them always say things like that
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Last edited by myself101 at Feb 2, 2007,
Quote by myself101

Every rock/shred/metal artist uses power chords...
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by myself101
i hate green day because lots of people like them, i hate pop culture too

im gunna go listen to some indie metal band only 5 people know about

You're a disgrace to true Green Day haters.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Quote by Smokey Amp
Every rock/shred/metal artist uses power chords...

i was being sarcastic, pretending to be the people who bash green day

im a fan lol
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
can we all just stop arguing, the point of this thread was not to convey ones perseonal opinions, but to answer a completely credible question, thank you to all the people who just tried to help
Okay, before this gets too out of hand.

Billie Joe does NOT suck. He writes songs that popular. Popular =/= suck. Therefore, STFU.
He uses power chords. So does every other modern band. Therefore, STFU.
He plays POP-PUNK for a reason. Poppy? Yes. Punk? Somewhat. Therefore, STFU.

If you don't like POP-PUNK, please tolerate other people's musical tastes, as YOU are as musically hated as the few who support Green Day. Therefore, STFU.

And because we now have answered the thread starter's question, all further argument is now moot and pointless. Therefore, STFU.

And if you're too stupid to get it through your skull...

STFU.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE
Page 1 of 2