Just got their album Eventuality, and although I'm only 5 or 6 songs in, I think they're good enough to warrant a thread. Does anyone else like them? Almost nothing came up when I searched, except Kirk recommending them in an Ephel Duath thread. It's some great (as far as I can tell from first listen) jazzy technical metal, sort of similar to Cynic or Ephel Duath. What do you guys think?

Link: http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=24539996
You mean to tell me nobody else likes this band? After the second listen, I've decreed it to be really good stuff.
yeah Ive seen these guys live,,Im guessing your aussie because I would doubt anyone even knowing about Alarum. The best thing abput them is their unique use of distortioneffects within their songs.
I've got their Fluid Motion album and it is really good, though sometimes I think they're being complex just for the sake of being complex, if you know what I mean. But on a whole though, they're very good.
Really good band. I have both Fluid Motion and Eventuality, I like the latter more.

Like I said before, anyone who's a fan of Ephel Duath should really plan o0n checking these guys out.
My Last.FM page. Add me!

Quote by severed-metal
I frequent so many big dick forums it's ridiculous

PSN name: sixty5days
heh i was just checking them out, really good shit
My sig is better than yours
i don't have a credit card so i can't order any of there cd's, but they are my favorite band thanks to their myspace music player and youtube.

they are like a cross between AGHORA and MARTYR
Vociferance

Halcyon

Quote by dead-fish
OMGZ! Chuck shuldingr iz teh master conspiraiter!

Quote by jakekilgore666
sean hart i love your avatar
They have an album with the same name as one of Watain's...
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I love this band, not an aussie, so I dont know a lot of people who know/like the band. Still thats the beauty of the internet.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
I'm a huge ALARUM fan. Eventuality is a great album. Fantastic live band, and all great people. Very good friends with Ne Obliviscaris.

I actually have an improv/jazz/fusion trio with Scott Young (ex-Alarum guitarist who was in the band for 10 years until 2007) and Brendan Brown (NeO bass player). Hopefully should have some music to show the world within a few months.
^ Would you like to share?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Pretty good, I'm sure I've heard them before and just forgotten.

Hopefully subscribing to this thread will help me remember to get around to getting their stuff.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
Quote by Tim Charles
I'm a huge ALARUM fan. Eventuality is a great album. Fantastic live band, and all great people. Very good friends with Ne Obliviscaris.

I actually have an improv/jazz/fusion trio with Scott Young (ex-Alarum guitarist who was in the band for 10 years until 2007) and Brendan Brown (NeO bass player). Hopefully should have some music to show the world within a few months.

*orgasms*

I've heard some Alarum stuff before, it was pretty good.

kirkisking recommended 'em to me too, lol.
Quote by darkstar2466
^ Would you like to share?

Absolutely... but probably not for a few more months.

Although, we may end up putting some excerpts from some live rehearsal improvisations online sooner, so will be sure to put something up about it in the NeO and Alarum threads for those interested.
I just recently got into Alarum, and would be thrilled if someone could tab out some of there songs (or point in the direction of already tabbed songs).

the ones i did find where removed.
and i suck at tabbing by ear, so thats not an alternative for me.

as for Tim Charles, this sounds like its gunna be pretty tight.
^ http://911tabs.com/tabs/a/alarum/

3 songs, all guitar pro.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Am I the only one who thinks their bassist kinda looks like a white Snoop dogg?

I'm a stupid jackass.
^ I dunno... a bit maybe. I always thought snoop looked like a rat.

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish

Quote by killthekingx
Am I the only one who thinks their bassist kinda looks like a white Snoop dogg?

Haha ya, "its a sexual seduction..." cant get enough of that song.
Bump. Anyone else really digging the new album? This album was much better than I anticipated it would be. I wasn't really sure what to expect next from these guys after Eventuality but this was a pleasant surprise.
I know Rob Brens; not well, but still know him nonetheless. He plays in another band called Caractacus that are worth checking out, but it's completely different to Alarum.

Anyways, Palf delivered Natural Causes to my house and I wasn't even home; Mum just told me the guy that delivered it said he was from the band, so I showed her the photo of the band members from the album sleeve and she pointed him out. So damn annoyed I wasn't home at the time .