me and my friend were having an argument and i want to know what u all think, do u think dime razorbacks suck???????????
Gear:

ESP KH II Vintage
Dean Dime Razorback Slime BumbleBee
Fender Stratocaster
Jackson King V
Line 6 Spider III 150w
Marshall MG100HDFX
Roland Cube 30w
Zoom 505 II
Line 6 Floor Pod
Monster Cables
No.. They are one of the best heavy metal guitars and plus they look ****ing awesome

Also, they are made from almost the finest woods and materials you can buy
Quote by Sagdiyev
This man's an anal masturbator, he knows what he's talking about.
Last edited by -megadeth- at Feb 2, 2007,
I think they cost a hell of alot for a guitar made in China.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
USA models, I would get in a heartbeat. The import, not so much. I haven't played any myself to date, but people who've played both USA and imports say the difference in feel and sound is night and day, and that the LFR sucks donkey balls.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
I personally hate them unless it's the American version, then you replace the dimebucker & the LFR to an OFR.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Yes the USA versions are very good, but the imports are pretty nasty...
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
course they dont suck you plank lol... nah they are really good guitars, what side were you on? they're good or they're crap?
I know I'm going to get "Dime-o-Flamed" for this, but those guitars are pure CRAP! It's not an opinion, it's a fact. I'm sure dime would love to know that dean (and others) think it's ok to build a 200 dollar guitar, slap his name on it, and sell it to kids for over a thousand. You can say whatever you want about the usa's being better, but are they worth 3,000 bucks? No freakin way, almost all of the dime guitars have lfrs......someone is seriously getting raped if they pay that much for a guitar with one of those. And I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon here, I'm not a huge dime fan, and I don't care for the looks, but I thought they would still be well built guitars, until I played one. I couldn't believe how much they were charging for that guitar, I'm not kidding in the least when I say that that guitar had the shrillest, nastiest, most earpiercing tone I have ever heard. Besides the fact that it just feels cheap. And I didn't even bother to mess with the lfr, those need no introduction.

I'm not trying to be mean, but you would be better off with pretty much any other guitar for about $300 dollars and up. I honestly can't believe you got that many positive opinions in a row, these people (no offence) most likely have not played these guitars, although they don't appeal to me, I can see how the looks of these guitars would influence people to think they are nice, but it is just a gimmick.
Quote by 1fine69
I know I'm going to get "Dime-o-Flamed" for this, but those guitars are pure CRAP! It's not an opinion, it's a fact. I'm sure dime would love to know that dean (and others) think it's ok to build a 200 dollar guitar, slap his name on it, and sell it to kids for over a thousand. You can say whatever you want about the usa's being better, but are they worth 3,000 bucks? No freakin way, almost all of the dime guitars have lfrs......someone is seriously getting raped if they pay that much for a guitar with one of those. And I'm not just jumping on a bandwagon here, I'm not a huge dime fan, and I don't care for the looks, but I thought they would still be well built guitars, until I played one. I couldn't believe how much they were charging for that guitar, I'm not kidding in the least when I say that that guitar had the shrillest, nastiest, most earpiercing tone I have ever heard. Besides the fact that it just feels cheap. And I didn't even bother to mess with the lfr, those need no introduction.

I'm not trying to be mean, but you would be better off with pretty much any other guitar for about $300 dollars and up. I honestly can't believe you got that many positive opinions in a row, these people (no offence) most likely have not played these guitars, although they don't appeal to me, I can see how the looks of these guitars would influence people to think they are nice, but it is just a gimmick.

If you had read the thread, you'd see that we all pretty much agree at the amount of suckage they have.
(almost) Everyone agrees that non usa's suck, but I was stating that the usa's can not be worth over 3,000 dollars, they aren't even neck-thru. I was also explaining my exact experience to the threadstarter so they would know I wasn't just ranting about a guitar I had never played. And you know that "Dime-O-Flamed" comment was pretty classy........
Quote by thedonutman
Yes, because its so long, the case won't fit into my friends car.

seriously, My friend has one and he likes it a lot, but he keeps complaining about the car thing.

Musicians need big vehicles. Ideally you want something which can carry 4 cabinets, two heads, two guitars and a 5pc drumkit.
Quote by The devil at the crossroads
E|-------------------------------------------1--
B|-----------------------------------1--4--
G|-------------------------1-3-4--
D|------------------1-3----
A|--------1-2-3----
E|-1-4-----

Just move it around the fretboard
Quote by 1fine69

depends which model you're on about, the ones for about £800 are good for price, but i wouldnt pay more for one
One thing I can definately agree on is that Dean are taking full advantage of Dime's name to overcharge for their stuff. Like someone said, they took a $200 starter guitar, put a funky paint job on it, Dime's name on the headstock, and sell it for $800. That's just wrong. And IMO, all guitars with Dime's name, regardless of their origins, are overpriced.

I'd love to have USA Razorback, but I'd definatly be getting rid of the Dimebucker.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by 1fine69

I completely agree with if ur willing to pay that much money get a ****in ESP. Those are real metal guitars. Razorbacks are baby guitars.

(A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music)

BUY MY DW 7002 DOUBLE BASS PEDAL
yeah i agree they are milking his death but they are good guitars imo but i think if he were still alive they would of been cheaper
I think they are fine guitars and i would love to own one, but they are nowhere near worth the price
Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I can't say I've played one, but I certainly wouldn't mind trying one of the Razorback V's... I wouldn't get one though, as it has DIME shoved on the headstock. I'm not a fan of guitars that are obviously another artists, and even though I love the music Dime made I wouldn't like seeing his name on my guitar everyday... it wouldn't feel like MY guitar I guess.

Just my piece of useless chat!
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
i agree i would never get a dean that has Dime slapped on it. I'd rather get a fully customised Ran for 1500 euros / $2000. You could even order a razorback shape lol. Although that would cost more.
Quote by 1fine69

The only part in that post I read was "Dime-O-Flamed."
Quote by -megadeth-
No.. They are one of the best heavy metal guitars and plus they look ****ing awesome

lol.
Quote by 1fine69

im a big fan of deans, and i like the razorbacks. but i played the dime o flame and wow i was dissapointed with that guitar, it was not woth the cash. oh and one of the reasons Dime sig guitars are expensive is cause like all sig models, the family/artist gets money from each sale, which is why with every guitar make, a sig model is always ( well 99% of the time) more expensive
gear:
Custom built Strat
Esp ltd EC-1000
Gibson les paul fadded dc
Line 6 spider II 30watt
Boss Ds1, DD6,Tu-2, NS
Alvarez af60ckelectro/acoustic
Quote by Crunchmeister
USA models, I would get in a heartbeat. The import, not so much. I haven't played any myself to date, but people who've played both USA and imports say the difference in feel and sound is night and day, and that the LFR sucks donkey balls.

I haven't tried either, but I've tried one of the chinese dime-o-flames, and there's no way it's worth what they're asking. They're asking well over $1000 here. Ridiculous.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by -megadeth-

Do you suppose you could tell me what the trem is made of, and how the decal is made?

Iron and a sticker.

Razorbacks suck, end of discussion.
Dickless.
They are probably quite good, sure you can probably get a better guitar for that price but if u like it, it doesnt matter.
My current rig:
Samick Strat
Epiphone Les Paul
Vox DA-5
Samick 80 watts amp (Doesn't sound good though)
Zoom 505
Boss DS-2
:stickpoke