does anyone know where i could purchase dunlop crybaby wah spares as i need a completely new circuit board for mine as i made a major mistake while trying to mod it. cant find any on ebay.. anyone know any online shop that sells parts for cry babys ??

thanks for any help
Just the PCB?
http://generalguitargadgets.com/index.php?option=content&task=view&id=98&Itemid=126
Not a Crybaby PCB per se...But you can just do the circuit on here, and it'll fit. They sell the PCB, or you can make it. It's not too hard to etch your PCB.

smallbearelec.com will have electronic parts you need.

This guy will sell you a complete replacement, complete with mods to it already:
http://www.wah-wah.co.uk/
What exactly did you do to the circuit?
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Avatar 4x12 (2 V30's and 2 G12-T75)
i used some solder that was ethier realy old.. or made of some weird substance.. long story,short. i left the solder iron on one spot for a bit too long because the solder wasnt melting and it kinda burnt up the ends of one of the printed pathway things... it did not work when re-soldered the resistor back in....

maybe it wasnt making contact properly... could i try and put a bit more solder across, to bridge the connection.. would that work??

please help! thanks
I vote GGG.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
That happens to pro's too. Especially with inexpensive boards made of crap materials, like in wah pedals.

Here's what you do:

Remove the component, you'll probably need to replace it.

Use a q-tip with some acetone or alcohol to clean any flux and mung from the area.

Gently scrape the coating off of the trace near the solder pad that you mangled. Do this gently, scraping toward the hole so you don't lift the copper off the board. Don't press down hard. If it takes ten or more scrapes to bare about a 1/4 inch of shiny copper at the end of the trace, that's fine.

Patience will get you out of this mess.

Clean the area again.

Pull a fresh, clean component lead through the hole. Use small pliers to press a length of lead down and flat along this new clean area. Solder that lead down to your clean trace. clip the excess lead off and you're ready to do a final cleaning of the whole board and declare yourself redeemed.

Ron
thanks, i will try that tomorrow^ but ... the copper bits have lifted very slightly of the board should i just flatten them?
Patience and a steady hand
Carvin MTS 3200 Head
Avatar 4x12 (2 V30's and 2 G12-T75)
ok cool... but £50 for a board.. i could just get a new cry baby!
I still have my old board from my gutted wah it's from a Dunlop JH-1... all the frequently changed resistors are socketed (plus the transistors and the bass cap) and the buffer was removed... if you check some of my old (not the newest one) posts in the wah thread you'll see some pics of it.
Hai UG!
Last edited by L_Z_Nut at Feb 3, 2007,
Quote by Neil27
thanks, i will try that tomorrow^ but ... the copper bits have lifted very slightly of the board should i just flatten them?

Yep, very gently rub them down. Maybe a drop of super glue, nail polish or epoxy to stabilize the area after you've resoldered. Be damn sure it works if you're going to use epoxy.

Ron