Hey guys,
for the meat of my rig im thinking about getting a poweramp and a pod for a pre amp. Im wondering, do you need a specific bass preamp or any kind of preamp for this?
Thanks,
Parker
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
Quote by parker_muse
Hey guys,
for the meat of my rig im thinking about getting a poweramp and a pod for a pre amp. Im wondering, do you need a specific bass preamp or any kind of preamp for this?Thanks, Parker
I have often used my Bass Pod XTpro as a preamp that is what it is designed to do especialy if you use the biampng facilities through a stereo power amp.
I've attached a shot of one of my rigs using the XTpro as a preamp.
Attachments:
Pod Rig3a.jpg
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by enzoslashslash
How do Behringer Power Amps fair? I hear that their pro audio equiptment is decent.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-EuroPower-EP2500-Power-Amp?sku=480697
Seems like a cheap solution for high wattage.
If you shop around there are so many cheap power amps available today; Behringer seem stuck with a bad reputation due to unreliability and extremely poor aftersales, I'm talking from experience of Behringer gear not just hearsay.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Hmmmmm very interesting.

Yamaha 300 watt power amp into bass podXT.

Sounds nice
Quote by andyd93
You sir, are correct.
crown has some cheap power amps too, at least one of of thier series is cheap. Carvin also has some cheap shit
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.