Page 1 of 2
Hello there,

I'm not sure if it's been discussed but there's a new signature mark hoppus bass coming out sometime this year. It's made of ash and the seymour's are now so the D G strings are closer to the neck and the E A strings are lower down. This allows the thiner strings to sound more thick and tonal. The colours are clear butterscotch and 2 tone sunburst, both with a tortoiseshell scratchplate. Not sure when these will come out in the U.K, but i'll be getting one.

Cheers.

Edit* this is not an advertisment, it is me wondering wether anyone has known about this bass. I suggest you keep the spelling remark to yourself.

Thank you.
Last edited by Darren5591 at Feb 2, 2007,
Is this an advertisement? If so, here's some advice for you. Learn to spell
Nice, I guess. His current sig is a good starter bass, and for a fan of Blink I can't see why it's bad. You'll have to find pictures and post them.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
New Hoppus bass? Eh. I've played the old one, refreshingly minimalistic. Well, everything except the price, which is too much for what it is - a stripped down P with a funny body.

I'd consider it if they knocked it down to sensible prices. The simplicity of the Fender players life has always attracted me.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
It's a little over priced, I don't know who would buy it as a starter. If you look on musiciansfriend they raised the price from 560 to 700 recently, perhaps they'll change it soon. At least I hope, I haven't heard anything from either Mark or Fender about it. Oh and the headstock is a 70's style.
I've never noticed the price, seven hundred quid? I wouldn't pay that for one.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
the old one looks awesome

i haven't seen the new one

pics?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Not a huge fan of single P pup in a J body, or that one piece pickguard, but the reversed P pickup is genius... IMO a P sounds much better reversed.
haha
I like the one piece pickguard, it's different.

I saw plus 44 live and he used both basses, I have to admit they looked very gorgeous. Funny guy too, he stuck a condom on the headstock.

God I love fender's 70's necks, I don't know why.
^ at condom on the headstock

i prefer the colours of the old one though
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
Quote by myself101
^ at condom on the headstock

i prefer the colours of the old one though

oh yeah that hot pink was sexy
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
Yeah I've got a picture of 'em. Actually they come in three colours: See-thru blonde, sunburst and olympic white...all with a tortoise shell pickguard.
Attachments:
basses2.JPG
Guitars
Fender Classic 60's Jazz Bass
Squier P-Bass
Fender Classic '50s Strat
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
www.himynameismark.com

Yeah the white one is my favorite too :P
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Has anyone got a picture of the white one? (not just a side shot)

I think i'd get a custom black pearl scratchplate though.
The musicians friend one is the old version (I'm sure). The white one is rad, i've always wanted a Fender jazz but with precision pickups. I want I want lol.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
I just found my new background picture !!

Not so keen on the scratchplate, but it is nice. I dont think my squier precision will be happy when I get one XD
Musiciansfriend still has pics of the of the now older version but their pics of the white and black have been wrong considering they're supposed to come with black guards and the white was olympic white not off white.

EDIT: It always pissed me off so much that the hot pink was never actually released. Ah well, nice story that goes along with it, perhaps he'll take it out of retirement eventually.
Last edited by musiclover2399 at Feb 3, 2007,
Quote by Banana Ocean
Yeah I've got a picture of 'em. Actually they come in three colours: See-thru blonde, sunburst and olympic white...all with a tortoise shell pickguard.

HAH! I love the fact that he had the basses labelled 1, 2, 3; as if the different colours didn't tell set them apart enough.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
No I guess not...because I saw them in Amsterdam and he used the white one the first half of the show, the blonde one the second half of the show and the sunburst one just for the very last song. Maybe he doesn't like the sunburst that much
Guitars
Squier P-Bass
Parkwood Western
Terada Classic
Amps
Ampeg SVT150H
Ampeg B410HE
Behringer BX600
FX
Boss OS2
Boss DS1
Boss TU3
Digitech RP100A
Saving as we speak for this bass now, GAK (apparently) are selling the older ones in the 3 colours for £469 or so, but gak is known for poor stock updates.
You should just get the olympic white of the older version now if you want the 70's look. As I said before msuciansfriend has the wrong picture, the one they have looks like your avatar but in jazz bass form.
I'd rather wait for the newer one to be released because I like the idea on the pickups and i'll probably get used to the s/plate (or change to black hehe). Musiciansfriend is no good to me because I live in U.K (lucky americans ^^)
Quote by Darren5591
I'd rather wait for the newer one to be released because I like the idea on the pickups and i'll probably get used to the s/plate (or change to black hehe). Musiciansfriend is no good to me because I live in U.K (lucky americans ^^)

Yeah i wish us UKers had a musiciansfriend equivalent. But gak.co.uk isn;t so bad price wise and quite a lot of guitars. They've got Hoppus's old sig in for about £400.

Edit: Sorry, you've already written about gak.
signature
Quote by Darren5591
Saving as we speak for this bass now, GAK (apparently) are selling the older ones in the 3 colours for £469 or so, but gak is known for poor stock updates.

yeah dear god, they're bad with that. they have the best prices but for the love of god, phone them up before ordering. i was supposed to be getting a fender 1960 reissue jazz bass off of them for xmas but i was told it wouldn't arrive untill the first of march so i cancelled the order and got a new guitar instead
I was gonna go to sound control (kind of like guitar centre) when they reach the UK and see if I can get them to price match, so I get one on the day.
Soundcontrol is so damned overpriced compared to gak.

at least you can swindle a discount, my mate got £60 knocked off his 50's reissue strat. *drools* daphne blue.
I managed to haggle £3 off a DS-1 lol!

They do a price comparison and a deal or no deal so i'll check that out when the time comes.
The only good thing about sound control is that they stock schecter, but it's never the one i want according to the website. Anyways on the mark hoppus sig, i cant decide whether i like it or not, the body looks to 'empty'.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Page 1 of 2