Now, before all of you go crazy about how these guys are metalcore (i read the list), I wanted to ask a question.

In my metal n00bstate, I am still not seeing some differences. I can't discern what makes these guys metalcore, instead of just metal. I understand this thread will get closed, but before it does, could you guys explain why they aren't metal? The song "Physician Heal Thyself" sounds pretty metal, to me at least.

Oh, and so you know, I don't give a rip about these guys being metalcore. Unlike many people on here, I have nothing against metalcore, and I don't care if the Hardcore forum is Zao's home. I'm just really curious to know.
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
I've always heard of Zao being metalcore. They're Christian as well, which makes it likelier for them to be metalcore.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by raise_the_dead
I've always heard of Zao being metalcore. They're Christian as well, which makes it likelier for them to be metalcore.

Nice one.

Anyways, ZAO are pretty good. Their earlier stuff was more along the lines of hardcore/metalcore, and their last album "The Funeral of God" was pretty metalcore. I've heard some of their newer album's songs, and I understand what you're confused about. The new album is more metal than the previous, but I'm sure they still have breakdowns and those "core" elements (get it... core elements? ).

EDIT: I just listened to the song "Physician Heal Thyself" again, and I'm thinking this is pretty not "core." However, the great bulk of their material was released as a "core" band, therefore they are metalcore.
It's just like the argument in the Machine Head thread, where people are saying how MH are nu-metal just cuz they released a couple of sub-par albums. The rest of their material is straight-up metal, so they are metal.
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at Feb 2, 2007,
As much as I can't agree or disagree, since I have never listened to a Zao song, you better delete this thread. I've seen threads like this before and members get instant-banned. Sorry I'm not much help.