Slapping some Angus Young Humbuckers into an SG gives you a AC/DC sound. What if you put them in any other axe?
Slapping some Angus Young Humbuckers into an SG gives you a AC/DC sound. What if you put them in any other axe?

No it doesn't - it'll make it easier to get his sound if you have comparable equipment, that's all. Essentially they'll just be an overwound, hotter sounding vintage pickup with a voicing that's optimal for Angus's EQ settings...or at least, that's my educated guess.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
steven seagull pretty much nailed it. You could play on Angus's actual rig and not sound just like him simply because you don't have his brain or his hands.

I dropped one of the Angus sig pu's in a MIM Tele for a customer and it absolutely rocks.
No it certnaly won't get his sound. Actully Angus doesn't even swap pickups and he doesn't sue his sig pickups. Plus that what you need is an overdriven vintage style tube amp and a brigde humbucker loaded guitar.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
you just need to kick ass, which im guessing not many of us can do like Mr Young
Angus Young got an Angus Young sound for about twenty five years before the Angus Young pickup was created. Doesn't mean it isn't a good pickup. Does mean you don't need it to sound like him.

A really nice old marshall and a mahogany guitar with a humbucker would be the required gear. Though I strongly suspect Angus would still sound like Angus with a Tele plugged into a Peavey if he had to.

I'm waiting for those guys to turn like 80 years old and turn into the best blues band in the universe.

Ron