How do i tune my guitar that has an OFR on it? I wanna drop it down half a step. Im trying to, but nothing happens. The notes just stay the same.
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

thanks
"In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen"

Hellsing Organization

Quote by The Casualty
Locking nut, n00b. You gotta make sure the trem is parallel to the body also, and don't get any strings over .10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwNVjNohOt4

"i thought either im 'guitarded' or somethings going on"

ahahahahaaa guitarded, a new UG insult is born...
Tommy Emmanuel C.G.P = The Man

Quote by civildp1
wouldn't it be awesome if you pulled a girls panties off and she smelled like cake?

Quote by SupremeACL
My mom used to fart a lot. It sucked.
Also, when you drop the E to D the rest of the strings will go out of tune too so you'll have to re-tune the whole guitar, same when you tune it back up. But yes, unlock the locking nut first....and i also suggest doing some research into locking trems.

...ideally you'd have done that before you bought the guitar
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Tim_Orme_Esq
"i thought either im 'guitarded' or somethings going on"

ahahahahaaa guitarded, a new UG insult is born...

That's been somebody's title for a while now.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
i didn't think it was so hard...

Hellsing Organization

Quote by Chaos Guitar
i didn't think it was so hard...

It is rather difficult at first (one of the downfalls of the OFR) but after a few tinkers, you start to get the hang of it.
Schecter C-1 Classic (Antique Amber)
Ibanez JEM 7VWH
Crate Palamino Class A tube combo
Digitech RP80 Multieffects pedal
Ibanez TS9 DX Tube Screamer
It is rather difficult at first (one of the downfalls of the OFR) but after a few tinkers, you start to get the hang of it.

It seemes it at first, but if you take the time to learn and understand what everything does then they're pretty straightforward...just common sense.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Im starting to get use to it. I love it already.

Hellsing Organization

Im starting to get use to it. I love it already.

See, nothing to be scared of...basically

Locking nut, at the headstock, clamps the strings so they won't slip at the tuning pegs and send the guitar out of tune when you abuse the trem...you have to unlock this to use the tuning pegs.

Fine tuners, little knurled wheels at the bridge - these are used to make minor tuning adjustments when the locking nut is clamped.

String clamps, the rods sticking out of the back of the bridge with allen key holes in them - these hold the strings in place, you need to unlock them when you change strings, making sure you don't let the small metal block in the saddle fall out.

Height adjustment - the two posts either side of the bridge that take a large allen key, these can be used to adjust your action.

Springs - in the back cavity, usually two attached to a claw that's screwed into the body. Those screws adjust the tension of the springs, which should be equal to the tension of the strings. When the tension is balanced the bridge will be level and your guitar is set up perfectly. If the bridge is diving you need to increase spring tension by slightly tightening the screws, if it's raising you need to decrease it slightly.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc