Page 1 of 2
What are some of those moments in metal songs that have made you stop what you're doing and just listen? Because of how well it's played, the atmosphere, whatever.

For me, one of them Gorgoroth's Procreating Satan, the part at the end where "Praise Satan" is chanted over and over. They just packed so much power into that part that I still have to stop whatever I'm doing and listen.

Also, the last 45 seconds of Pantera's Floods. That little solo just comes out of nowhere, and is so beautiful sounding and so powerful that I listen to it on repeat over and over.

Finally, way back in 2001, when I was but a young bugger of 12 and heard "The Number of the Beast" for the first time. Bruce's scream leading into the verse basically made me crap my pants in joy.
no
About 37.50 into EoS - Crimson. This riff comes in with keyboard accentuations, almost out of nowhere. Just an ear-perking, amazing moment.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Demon Of The Fall, after the acoustic bit, where it's just layers of Mikael screaming his ass off.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
opeth- a fair judgment

[/thread]
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Mercyful Fate - Into the Coven. When the main riff kicks in after the acoustic intro, it just sounds like the heaviest thing ever.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
wintersun
beyond the dark sun:the whole first 30 seconds is just like, the sweep solo, the affect intro, double bass is jsut like \m/

opeth
the moor: 5:57 to 6:15-ish, the clean to heavy is just
white cluster: the entire solo section, from 6:22 till when it starts fading out, just like --cums--

amon amarth
death in fire-that tapping riff is just so awesome, it has to be mentioned
valhall awaits me-the first time the chorus comes up, its just like so catchy yet br00tal, \m/

behemoth
conquer all-the solo just comes from out of nowhere, yet still fits with the song.
slaves shall serve-ROFL ROFL EAT TEH WAFFLE --headbangs--

cellador
leaving all behind-the chorus is one of the best things ive ever heard in power metal. to me anyway. same with Edguy's Rocket Ride.

just some.

BENSONEDIT-and, the first thing that came to mind was the entire song of Death:Lack of Comprehension. dont nkow how i forgot it.
The interlude in Mastadons "Blood and Thunder"
The interlude in SYL's "Wrong Side"

I could name endless moments in Opeth songs
TEEP!!! Oiiiiiiieeeeeeeyyy!!!!!!
5:28 til end of Serenity Painted Death by Opeth. But any Opeth moment really, I just chose that bit as I'm listening to it at the moment.
Quote by duncang
Demon Of The Fall, after the acoustic bit, where it's just layers of Mikael screaming his ass off.

+1

And the drum intro to Carcass's Corporal Jigsore Quandary is pretty awesome.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
Iron Maiden's Hallowed be Thy Name...that whole song is just...it's probably my all time favorite song for a multitude of reasons.

Also, the chorus of DragonForce's Once In A Lifetime. Loooove it.

Freedom Call's Warriors. Brilliant chorus.

There's a huge ammount of these, but those were the last songs I listened to. So yeah...
That part in My Hope the Destroyer by My Dying Bride where the vocal line is "your still mine....." is incredible. So much emotion packed into that song, it's amazing. Nearly all Devin Townsend Band is like that for me as well, although some highlight songs would be Material from Physicist, Storm from AE, and Judgement from Synchestra. The chorus from the song Blood, Fire, Death by Bathory is amazing too.
The part in 'The Baying of the Hounds' by Opeth where Mikael growls 'Lined up verses on dead skin: "the tainted lips of a stranger resting upon hers."'
The last two lines of 'A Dream Resigned' by Daylight Dies.
In 'The Killing Hand' by Dream Theater where it slows down and Dominici sings 'The sea is calling me, my spirit must return, as I get closer, was it really worth what I have learned?'

That's all I can think of right now.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
The very last few minutes or so in Pantera's Domination where Dime is chugging around on the low E while panning the sound to the left and right is...just....brilliant.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
Nevermore- Dreaming Neon Black

That moment where it becomes soft with the acoustic harmonies and the chick singing with warrel joining in is too awesome not to stop.
^

When I saw your name as the last poster I was sure it would be like:

"the intro to 'Emaciating Masticatory Culmination' by Vos Esimpriclassen Augen...

i keed, i keed.

For me, the intro to "On the Shores of Ithaka" by Quo Vadis is everything a metal intro should be (props to ibaRGnez321)
Get baked, study theory.

Quote by :-D
Why are you bringing Cm into this?
Unintelligent Design - Cattle Decapitation.

around 2:00 when the singer says...

Idiots, Backwards, Self Serving, Self rightious, Undeserving bastards. Ignorant, Irrelevant, Pernicious, Poisonous ,Ever destroying, Juggernauts...

I hated the human race for a brief moment. :p
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Dark Angel - Darkness Descends

The insane scream right at the end coupled with that ball crushing riff.
SYL - Oh My fucking God: "get down there, and suck! My buddie's! cock!".

I laughs.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
She Painted The Skyline Part III by Agalloch. When John randomly shouts-

"I saw the nightfall! it called to me like a river of shadows! It sang to me with the cries of a thousand ravens AND SANK THE SOL!"

Also the one part after the solo in the Drudkh song Furrows of Gods. That one part where they go into that galloping riff is really cool.
Soilwork-the breakdown leading into the solo of Grand Failure Anthem

Agalloch-Not Unlike The Waves and Our Fortress Is Burning

Opeth-"Lost are days of Spring" section of The Leper Affinity, lots of parts in Deliverance, the "Devious movement in your eyes" section of Bleak, intro to The Drapery Falls with the bassline

Dark Tranquillity-Pretty much the entire Character album

Orphaned Land-pretty much all of Mabool

Vanden Plas-End of All Days
The Berzerker- No One Wins 1:00 in to the song an amazing drum fill that converted me to the band
Blut Aus Nord - Part 5 (off MoRT) 3:54 in, out of all the chaos comes these clean vocals and then a guitar riff that is a true wonder.
Bolt Thrower - At First Light, song starts relatively slow with a nice solo then at 1:25 Karl just kicks off a killer bit of riffing growling 'AT FIRST LIGHT!!!!'
The part in Drudkh - Wind of the Night Forests, starts around 1:13 with the guitars and keyboards and the ride cymbol. OHH. Super awesome. Then the vocals start and it gets even better.

Empyrium - Die Schwane im Schilf
That part where the choir chants and the person screams over them. Awesome part.

Burzum - The entire song of Tomhet. I can't listen to it without feeling awesome.

aeskereia - Die Flöten des Pan The beggining of the song where the guy chants. GREAT!

Agalloch - The Wolves of Timberlake - the entire song just makes me feel, ugh, i have put that song on repeat and just layed on my band for hours at a time, letting my mind wander. Few songs can make me feel emotion like all of this song.
I was here for a while.

Then I was gone.

Now I'm back cause Obama.
Metal moments of truth-----gay.

Well, i often enjoy the part in morbid angels lions den where vincent proceeds with: *double kick* "beasts awaiting breathless, circus victims panic struck, scream arena buchery. Where is their god? as the faithful meet their end. *double kick*
Last edited by eternalgorias at Feb 3, 2007,
Wormphlegm - In An Excruciating Way..

The part where it's all doomy and sounds like people are being tortured.

2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
The Crying Orc by Burzum made me just sit there and stare. Varg was a really talented man.
Feathers Fell by Dissection is such a simple but amazing song. It's so unexpected yet it fits in with everything else on the album so well. Even my guitar teacher was impressed, and the guy's opinion on BM is pretty harsh.
A Venomous Kiss of Profound Grace and most songs by Limbonic Art are so beautiful yet dark, it's just perfect.
Damnation of Regimonto by Tvangeste is so melancholic and longing. When the guitar enters it gives it a really doomy feel.
Snowing Still by Rotting Christ the intro especially. It's the song that made me appreciate Rotting Christ's talent.
Beauty is Only Razor Deep by Xasthur, a really lame song name, but really beautiful melody.
Last edited by Embodiment at Feb 3, 2007,
Lemme see, theres:

Chorus of "The third the magical".

Most of "Regin Smiur".

Chorus of "Brothers Bane".

The section of singing in "To bid you farewell".

"Bleak" Chorus.

To name a few...
Member of The Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jimmypage27 or me to join.
Founding Member of "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club.
Member #11 of the UG RIP Cliff Burton Club
Quote by laffyjam
She Painted The Skyline Part III by Agalloch. When John randomly shouts-

"I saw the nightfall! it called to me like a river of shadows! It sang to me with the cries of a thousand ravens AND SANK THE SOL!"

Oh man...that's the worst part of the album...
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
I would have to say either the intro to

demigod - behemoth like when those brass instruments open it up, it builds up intensity

or

only ash remains - necrophagist the bass intro amazing, and at the end when they go into romeo and juliet
Also, the last 45 seconds of Pantera's Floods. That little solo just comes out of nowhere, and is so beautiful sounding and so powerful that I listen to it on repeat over and over.

For some reason the chorus vocal melody in 'Take The Time' by Dream Theater makes me listen to it if i'm doing something else, it's so simple but I feel that James LaBrie pulled it off so well.

But Floods ending> everything.

Edit: The quote thing didn't work
I'm going to create the procrastination club, just later...
Quote by garden of grey
Nevermore- Dreaming Neon Black

That moment where it becomes soft with the acoustic harmonies and the chick singing with warrel joining in is too awesome not to stop.

QFT
SYL - Room 429. The "The city breathes so softly..." part. Epically somber.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by suicideangel_2
demigod - behemoth like when those brass instruments open it up, it builds up intensity

Agreed.
Behemoth have a lot of impressive stuff especially the drumming. 'Apo Pantoz Kakadaimonoz!' in Decade of Therion by them is brutal. It sounds like there's a demonic invasion going on. The orchestral break at the end is really cool and is a great ending.
Ceremony of Shiva when the legato guitar enters at about 00:30 sounds like a summoning.
Quote by Saint of Steel
Edit: The quote thing didn't work

That's because you need a / to close it. Like so
Quote by Dirtydeeds468
Oh man...that's the worst part of the album...

I think that parts awesome.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Page 1 of 2