I have an LTD DV8-R with a tonepros bridge (similar to tune-o-matic) and the E string keeps falling off the saddle. IT'S VERY IRRITATING

what's wrong with it?
I recently restrang it
possibly i put the bridge back on backwards. Or maybe i put a new gauge of string by accident (before it was the factory's strings)

help
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Squier SG (Specs Unknown)
Kustom KGA-10 Ten watt practice amp
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
what gauge did you put on? 10's are about medium.

u can file the saddle notch a little, but if u get a sharp edge then ull break strings.
a new saddle is pretty cheap for a TOM.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
what would i use to file it?

and i used tens

EDIT btw in the manual it said all none vibrato arm guitars had tens factory installed, so the only logical thing is that i put the bridge on backwards
Member of the "Marty Friedman > You" Club. PM apocalypse13 or altronataku to join

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
are the intonation screws facing out or towards the headstock?

on TOM they face the headstock.

flip the saddle. take out the screw then flip the saddle, put it back in, then intonate.

a metal file. but like said, if u leave it rough, ull break strings.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

goddamit the bridge is on backwards, the screws face away from the headstock... but i just changed strings, and i'm poor, i can't afford taking them off

i don't gig, so it shouldn't be a problem... assuming no real damage is done by leaving it as is.

i don't wanna screw around with the filing, i don't wanna damage anything, i love my guitar. So i guess the next time a change strings, make sure i don't screw around with the bridge

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
When you restring, don't take all the strings off; restring them one at a time.

Your guitar's neck will thank you
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
... wait what? so switch the E, then Switch the a?

my bad... well i guess i'll keep that in mind for the next time... but it doesn't solve my problem

thanx for the tip though, i always thought it was just easier and faster to cut them all and restring, but then i wouldn't have been in this mess

EDIT oh and it looks like i'm gonna have to do it once more, seeing as i have to switch the bridge around.. and i just checked, i did that with my squier sg too god i gotta label things before messing with them

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
^u can leave the bridge as is and flip the saddle.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by jj1565
^u can leave the bridge as is and flip the saddle.

but still, it's the high e saddle, so it's still gonna slip, seeing as the high e string is alot thinner, they probably didn't file it as far as the low E... so that means every single string is on the wrong saddle. So i'm gonna leave it alone til i change strings again>

Gear:

ESP LTD DV8-R
Marshall TSL 602

My JEM Build
u can swap the saddles. sorry i dont know why i kept saying flip.

it's not like ur intonation isnt messed up anyway.

yes, or wait until the next string change.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62