Hey guys, well when i was plugging my guitar in a few minutes ago, it seems really loose. Its like the cord is just going to fall out. Now I have a Planet Waves cord that has always had a really nice fit in there. Im wondering if its the cord wearing down (which wouldnt make much sense) or if something is wrong with my input. If it is the input, why would it just gradually wear away or whatever its doing. Thanks guys.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
^ Hold on now, dont tighten it from the outside. Open the jackplate, hold the inside and then tighten it. You dont want to be twisting/breaking any solder joints.

One more thing, it could be your "Hot" prong not bent properly and connected good enough to the tip of you jack. Be careful if you're bending it to better position, you dont want to be breaking it instead.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic

make sure the plug is making contact.

and like said. dont over bend that arm. and dont hand tighten the nut.

Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by madpickin03
^ Hold on now, dont tighten it from the outside. Open the jackplate, hold the inside and then tighten it. You dont want to be twisting/breaking any solder joints.

Ah, good to know.
baby, that's just cause im sooooooooooo hot.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

ZO WAI!

i thought it was ur cigarette.....
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
So I have a LP. So do i have to take the whole little plate thing off? Like it has 4 screws with the input in it. But isnt the input connected to anything?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Last edited by justin_fraser at Feb 2, 2007,
yeah 4 screws.

and then it looks like this with two wires conntected.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I just took the plate thing off, and i have the little hot thing or whatever you call it. Now i have to bend that in toward the middle do I?
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
hey now, that's a totally different club.

yeah, that arm needs to grab the plug. so put one in and see if it catches. if it doesnt then bend it the slightest bit. DONT BREAK IT
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
At a quick glance of your sig, it looks like it says Jenny's Clit.

Quote by justin_fraser
I just took the plate thing off, and i have the little hot thing or whatever you call it. Now i have to bend that in toward the middle do I?

yeah, carefully, and insert the jack and make sure they're properly intact. You can also turn ur amp on to test it.

Dont worry, you wont die.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
Quote by jj1565
hey now, that's a totally different club.
Ohhh, I wanna join. Pick me!
These go to eleven...
Oh there we go. Thank you very much Jen and madpicking. Its nice and snug now.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh

Screaming Help
ok cool, glad it worked.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Ohhh, I wanna join. Pick me!

you gotta have 13000 posts 1st, then you can join

12000 you can gain from posting the same picture, answering the same question, all day all night like a machine,
990 from spam,
10 from some good point
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
yeah okay. hey faz let's see that floyd pic again.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

I've been having some trouble with this as well. I tried to pull out the entire jack to tighen it up, but it doesn't come out very far. It only comes out about 1cm. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I have an Ibanez rg321mh.
Quote by gdawg5758
I've been having some trouble with this as well. I tried to pull out the entire jack to tighen it up, but it doesn't come out very far. It only comes out about 1cm. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong? I have an Ibanez rg321mh.

Most probably because of the tiny plastic cable-manager inside the electronics compartment or the wire itself is short.

Dont force it if its too short. You have an option to resolder it with some longer wires OR just leave it alone as it is.
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
^like said, as long as u can reach and hold behind it, then tighten it up and put it back in.

my epi is like that. they hardly gave me any wire room to work with.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

It should have one of those weird washers with claws on it, between the jack and the plate, to stop it from spinning. Mine does a pretty good job of it, i can tighten it from just the outside.
These go to eleven...
Do I want to hold the little washer thats on the inside or hold the actual jack?
u want to hold the inside lugs. while tightening the nut on the outside.

Jim was suggesting you buy a gripping washer. and put it under the outside nut.

before tightening it. a washer is about 25c and will hold the nut on tighter.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Is there a type of wrench I can buy that will fit the small nuts that are on the jack? Maybe at osh or home depot
You absolutely 100% dont need a wrench for this. Just get a needle nose/small plier and tighten it. Just dont break it...
Thats what she said...
UGmusic