ok i know this question comes up alot here but my search bar makes my comp freeze and i dont feel like looking through all the pages so.i am in the budget for a new guitar and i was wandering what i should get an epi lp standard or an epi sg g-400.i play blues rock(hendrix,zeppelin,srv)but also i play metal(metallica(if you can consider it metal)van halen.rage against the machine,)and also some southern rock like skynyrd.im leaning towards the lp but ive also heard good things about the sg.if there are any other guitars better in about the same price range(give or take 50-75 bucks)feel free to share your oppinion.thanks in advance
devin
well try out both guitars at a guitar center or something, and then make your decision.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
ive already tried the sg and i thought it was pretty good for the blues and stuff but the pickups were a little weak for anything else.my dilemma is i wanted to get something with an original floyd rose for metal dive bombing and such but no guitars ive found sound good for anything but metal.i may just get a guitar now for blues,and southern rock and buy a new guitar once i can save up like 500 and get a nice ibanez or schecter
Les Paul all the way. LP's are generally better than SG's (IMO). They can play more styles of music better, and are much better suited for heavy stuff/hard rock, yet still can get a warm sound for blues, etc.
ok thanks alot im still not 100 percent sure so i may have to try out all of them at gc and my other local guitar store before deciding.
Quote by ssguitarhero111
LP. Still, they're both overrated.

are there any other ones that you would recoomend that are versatile like they are because i really want something that will fit all my styles
Quote by devinb132
are there any other ones that you would recoomend that are versatile like they are because i really want something that will fit all my styles

a fat strat.
ill check them out but i mostly like the sound of a mahogany body not alder (is the fat strat alder like most others are?)ive only seen one fender strat made of mahogany but it was my friends 7 grand fender custom shop(ya hes a spoiled lil rich bastard i know but the kid can shred)
i know i was just saying i like mahogany guitars and the only one of fender ive seen and played in person was my friends custom shop.sorry if i wasnt clear
I love Gibsons but, for blues and blues based rock i would say a strat, one with tex mex pickups. They have a mahogany strat now too but, not in the same price range on the mahogany one. i use LP's and SG's and i think the LP has more low end but, the SG has a little more cut i think though, just my opinion but, i use them both for all styles including metal and i think i like the SG a bit more just because it has better fret access so i can kick people in the head when i'm onstage.
Quote by devinb132
ive already tried the sg and i thought it was pretty good for the blues and stuff but the pickups were a little weak for anything else.my dilemma is i wanted to get something with an original floyd rose for metal dive bombing and such but no guitars ive found sound good for anything but metal.i may just get a guitar now for blues,and southern rock and buy a new guitar once i can save up like 500 and get a nice ibanez or schecter

Epiphone Les Paul Goth?