I want to learn how to shred. Right now I learned the essential scales I need to know. But if I wanna play something fast like Dragonforce's Through the flame and fire solo, do I have to be able to play the scales at the same speed as the solo? I think the solo is played at 200bpm with 16th(4 notes per click) notes or 100 bpm with 32nd(8th notes per click) notes. Then I have to be able to play the scales at this speed? Thanks.
you dont have to know the scales to play something already made up.....you just read the tab and play it as fast as they do....lol
Yeah, all you need to play the solo is to play the solo, if that makes sense.

BUT, I think of scales as important speed-building tools to be able to get solos up to speed quicker and to learn the solo better through understanding the scale it is built from.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
ewww.... dragon force. I like the fact that they are great guitarists but why that fast.... it doesnt sound that cool. If you slow that song down that riff would sound so much better
Tony

New rule: Shave your pubes. The ladies love it.
Quote by grrrr
I want to learn how to shred. Right now I learned the essential scales I need to know. But if I wanna play something fast like Dragonforce's Through the flame and fire solo, do I have to be able to play the scales at the same speed as the solo? I think the solo is played at 200bpm with 16th(4 notes per click) notes or 100 bpm with 32nd(8th notes per click) notes. Then I have to be able to play the scales at this speed? Thanks.

build your speed up and practice all you scales. Sweep them as well. This will help you out.
Tony

New rule: Shave your pubes. The ladies love it.
Quote by Jaffaps2
And don't do DF if you want to be a good shred guitarist (sorry fans).

He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.