Hello im new to the site and i had a question
Do any of you know of a good guitar which lets you get a great Heavy Metal sound but is also good for beginners.
Thanks in advance.
it depends on how much you can spend on the guitar so we kno what to suggest
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
i dont mind how much because then i have something to aim too but not above £300 i suppose
well, I would probably suggest either an Epiphone Les Paul(or Gibson if you want to spend the extra grand or so) or if you'd rather shred get a Jackson or Ibanez.
xXMETALHEADXx
i think ibanez is a good first guitar
My stuff:
ESP LTD KH 202 w/ emg 81's
PEAVEY 5150 II Head
4x12 MESA BOOGIE RECTIFIER CAB

A recent study shows that 92% of all teens have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music.
i was thinking of getting a Epiphone SG or should i get a Ibanez RG?
Go with an epiphone SG dude
OAKLAND A's - 9 TIME CHAMPS!!

DUKE BLUE DEVILS - 4 TIME CHAMPS & 19 TIME ACC CHAMPS!!

OAKLAND RAIDERS - 4 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS - 3 TIME LEAGUE CHAMPS!!

SAN JOSE SHARKS - NONE LOL!!
Thanks for the replies guys, oh and another question
Is it harder to learn on Heavier Gauge strings or is it just different?
And also is it hard to build your own guitar or customize one?
Quote by Joshpy
Thanks for the replies guys, oh and another question
Is it harder to learn on Heavier Gauge strings or is it just different?

It's a little harder, but the type of bridge on your guitar, the sound you want and the tuning you plan to use would all be more relevant in picking a gauge.
I want to tune my Guitar into Drop C and my bridge is a Tremolo i think
There are different types of tremolo bridges - Bigsbys, the Stratocaster/PRS type ones for slight vibrato, double locking bridges like the Floyd Rose and so on. In any case, I don't think I can help you much - I play in Standard E.

.10s - .46s on my Gibson (Tune-O-Matic Bridge)
.09s - .42s on my Ibanez (Licenced Floyd Rose)
If you're looking to play crazy metal solos, divebomb, bend harmonics and all that crap, a Floyd Rose or a good licenced alternative (there are threads where you can find these things out). I quite happily play lead guitar on metal songs on a guitar with no tremolo, it's entirely a matter of preference.
I'd say an Ibanez or a Schecter. Your best bet is MusiciansFriend. They have some awesome deals ($399 for Ibanez/Schecter).
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.