I currently have the G-DEC but have been thinking about getting a new amp soon(somewhere between $200-300). I just need something good to practice with and stuff..
Here's what i've been looking at so far:

Fender FM 65R
Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack
Marshall MG30DFX Combo
and a few others.

Any opinions or suggestions?
No on all of them. lol Theyre the worst amps in that pricerange, to be honest.

Im assuming you like Greenday, check out the Vox Valvetronix series.
Well. You could get a cube-30. What kind of music do you play?
Quote by Spl!nTeRgu!tAr
im getting the C-1 Hellraiser Baritone and replacing the EMG 81 with my Zakk Wylde EMG 81

****in great dude
Oh, well i was just judging them by the reviews... I play Green Day, Blink, pretty much anything pop punk but i also like rchp and stuff.
I highly recomend the Line 6 spider III. Its a modeling amp, but in that price range thats just about all your going to get. And it actually has amazing tone and a lot of built in features and effects. Check it out, I think youll be pleasantly surprised
Theres no need to apologize for the riot in your eyes
People may say that the Fender FM series is junk, but really, theres some ok amps in there. I got one, never had a problem with it, and granted it's not quite tube tone, but its quite decent for the money.
I have the Marshall Micro Stack. Use it for home practice. I have no idea why everyone seems to be so down on this amp. I love it. Sounds great, looks great, pleanty of volume.

Sure, there's always "a better" amp....but theres nothing wrong with this amp. It is what it is. A small practice amp that says Marshall. I've had mine for almost a year now & abused it over & over. Works great for me.
Quote by Bama32
I have the Marshall Micro Stack. Use it for home practice. I have no idea why everyone seems to be so down on this amp. I love it. Sounds great, looks great, pleanty of volume.

Sure, there's always "a better" amp....but theres nothing wrong with this amp. It is what it is. A small practice amp that says Marshall. I've had mine for almost a year now & abused it over & over. Works great for me.

you bought an amp because it says "marshall" on it?

sounds like someone is a tool
Recognised by the Official Who To Listen To List 2012

Quote by steven seagull
You don't argue with tubadude on Washburn-related matters, he flosses with the G string from a set of 0.12's y'know....and it's WOUND!
Quote by xshe
Oh, well i was just judging them by the reviews... I play Green Day, Blink, pretty much anything pop punk but i also like rchp and stuff.

UG reviews are to be trusted even less than the average shop salesman.

Harmony central, on the hand, is very reliable (as long as you read dozens of reviews).
I have recently purchased a guitar (Epiphone Les Paul) and amp (Fender G-Dec 15w) at the ripe noobie age of 40+ (cough cough). With all the researching I did, and advice from musician friends, this was a good choice for a beginner. The g-dec is quite an impressive amp for obvious reasons if you have one or know about the functionality. For instance, multiple of amp-sound effects-drums, with the ability to eliminate any one of them at a time to practice with or down right jam.

This amp is definitely the right purchase for home use if you are concerned about shaking the whole house or even the neighborhood or first time player. Don't forget the ability to play any of the preset samples to your computer for further mixing.

HellsBells1980
MG30DFX. I have it just for bedroom practice, and it's pretty good. The distortion could be better, hence why I bought a distortion pedal, but it is fine for practice.
Quote by tubadude
you bought an amp because it says "marshall" on it?

sounds like someone is a tool

Yep....that's what I said. Try reading more often.
I currently have the G-DEC but have been thinking about getting a new amp soon(somewhere between $200-300). I just need something good to practice with and stuff..
Here's what i've been looking at so far:

Fender FM 65R
Marshall MG15MSII Micro Stack
Marshall MG30DFX Combo
and a few others.

Any opinions or suggestions?

None of those are any better than your current amp, a couple of them are worse! The 30 watt Vox is definitely the best option
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com