You didn't hold a steady tempo, vocals were pretty good though, i didn't like your guitar tone.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
i know it sounds different, it was the acoustic cover and used the electric cuz my acoustic has fret buzz on the low e.

theres TONS of ways to play this song, the jake shimburako one is by far the best one, but u'd need a ukulalke and hands of god to pull that one off.

as per the tempo, i know its off but the original Harrison one is COMPLETELY off tempo so im not worried about that at all, the tempo thing doesnt bother me
Shure SM58 Mic -> Peavey Mixing Board -> M-Audio Fasttrack Pro -> Dell Laptop -> Cubase SX3
your guitar is clipping horribly. Tempo isn't constant, especially moving from the verses to the chorus. The solo could be much better. You've got a great voice though, great job with that. If the rhythm guitar didn't clip so much, this would be much better. Overall very nice job, just clean up the rough edges
Quote by music man
There is a virson or that song where Eric clapton played lead on it. George was ill. that virson is FAR better.

lol there just one versiou that Clapton played...
its the studio recording cuz George was cool friends with Clapton.
after that, Clapton plays in every concert when he's there.
but not anymore cuz george passed away T-T
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Quote by ECistheBest

Actually there are two versions of the song where Clapton played lead.

The original included an organ, acoustic guitar and a much longer solo. I think this appears on an anthology. Not too sure though.

The 2nd was when McCartney and Lennon interveined and edited the solo to be shorter and replaced the organ with Piano. This is the version that appeared on the white album.

There is also a fully acoustic version that George recorded when he first wrote the song. I believe this appears on "LOVE" with a viola backing it.
Quote by ECistheBest

They also shared the same wife. lol

Did you know that "Somthing in the way she moves" and "Layla" are about the same girl too.
Quote by Jimmy94
your guitar is clipping horribly. Tempo isn't constant, especially moving from the verses to the chorus. The solo could be much better. You've got a great voice though, great job with that. If the rhythm guitar didn't clip so much, this would be much better. Overall very nice job, just clean up the rough edges

lol i just noticed it when i turned my volume. i fixed the clipping a little bit, im not that savvy when it comes to that part but it should be slightly reduced now
Shure SM58 Mic -> Peavey Mixing Board -> M-Audio Fasttrack Pro -> Dell Laptop -> Cubase SX3
that's much better, still a little clipping but not quite as irritating now. Play to a metrenome to clean up the timing/tempo issues and you've got yourself a great recording.
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
nice job man i really like it, what did u record it on Tascam?

lol nah see my sig

just thought i'd show u guys some different ways to play the song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9mEKMz2Pvo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdObqVvLPZU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1GZoydXjqw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xCk8_rzroDM
Tom Petty and Harrison's kid played this too when Prince was inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame. Prince played a killer solo on it.
Light is faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Quote by Scott3229
if i wanted to get brain washed and then throw all my money away, id go to church

"I see, you've been blinded by what you believe" Sully Erna