anyone ever heard of them? i like how they dont have a vocalist, and are considered indie, but can still get a hxc crowd going wild. probably one of my all time favorite bands.
AMAZING! I'm going to see them in two weeks, so stoked for that. The new EP is incredible.
-Zach
I thought they were pretty decent live, give or take it was a few odd months ago, but still. Yeah excellent band, the S/T is probably the best instrumental stuff I have except "Crime in Choir" and thats only cause its got ex ATD-I members. And is just...awesome in its complilation.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
i've recently really gotten into them. i wanted to go to their show by me this week but its an hour away and i have no money. here's hoping they never go on tour without the fall of troy, ever.

No way, as much as I love Fall of Troy, I don't think I'll be going to another of their shows.
I just went to one last week, and really...they're the show is not fun anymore.
They always play the same songs live with the same intros, end it the same way, and what's worse is that they're becoming ridiculously popular here in Texas. The show I went to actually sold out.

Now part of this is probably because I've seen abunch of times in like a little more than a year.

It's not one of those "eh, I only like bands until their popular" people but check it out:

Like a year and a couple months ago, I went to go watch them for the first time.
It was that tour with abunch of EQV bands and whatnot. They came on and it was fucking insane. You know, back when they had Zach on lights and everything. I think I was one of like 15 people that were there watching them.

This last show I went to, it was ****ing packed. There were abunch of effing 15 year old or so kids going "Thomas motherfucker, shake my hand!!" and "Thomas this!" and "Thomas that!!"

They were being idiots. You know those kids that always shout out stupid stuff at shows? Yeah, well take that, and multiply that by like 20.

So overall, it just sucked.

I'm glad they're becoming big and everything, but one can see how it's alot funner when it's just a few people who really like the band and you don't know what to expect compared to seeing a band with a billion kids and already knowing what's coming up.

I can't blame Tera Melos for touring with the Fall of Troy, but..I don't know, they should change it up and hope for a longer set time in a more private setting.

Oh well.

I want Tera Melos to play with energy like this.

No way, as much as I love Fall of Troy, I don't think I'll be going to another of their shows.
I just went to one last week, and really...they're the show is not fun anymore.
They always play the same songs live with the same intros, end it the same way, and what's worse is that they're becoming ridiculously popular here in Texas. The show I went to actually sold out.

Now part of this is probably because I've seen abunch of times in like a little more than a year.

It's not one of those "eh, I only like bands until their popular" people but check it out:

Like a year and a couple months ago, I went to go watch them for the first time.
It was that tour with abunch of EQV bands and whatnot. They came on and it was fucking insane. You know, back when they had Zach on lights and everything. I think I was one of like 15 people that were there watching them.

This last show I went to, it was ****ing packed. There were abunch of effing 15 year old or so kids going "Thomas motherfucker, shake my hand!!" and "Thomas this!" and "Thomas that!!"

They were being idiots. You know those kids that always shout out stupid stuff at shows? Yeah, well take that, and multiply that by like 20.

So overall, it just sucked.

I'm glad they're becoming big and everything, but one can see how it's alot funner when it's just a few people who really like the band and you don't know what to expect compared to seeing a band with a billion kids and already knowing what's coming up.

I can't blame Tera Melos for touring with the Fall of Troy, but..I don't know, they should change it up and hope for a longer set time in a more private setting.

Oh well.

I've never seen The Fall of Troy before, but I was kinda afraid it might be like that now Hopefully it's not to bad here in Missouri....
-Zach
dougiecrystals i know exactly what you mean. me and a couple of my friends used to skate downtown, and we met this guy who wanted to turn the local laundry mat into a place were we could play some hxc music. to make a long story short, it started off awesome, everybody knew everybody, the bands weren't all that well known but good never the less. anyways fast fowards to today, now the place is over-run by kids that wear tight pants with eye liner and say **** every other sentence. not only that but now they're booking huge shows, yesterday job for a cowboy came down and played, and on the 27th unearth is coming down here. THIS wouldnt be bad, if i didnt have to pay retarded prices bc a bunch of kids who dont even like the music come to stand around bc it's "cool" to do so. :[
i saw them yesterday at the portugal/tfot show. oh my god, i like their performance way more than i like tfot's. this band is really amazing. theyre instrumental/punk/jazz-fusion/whatever you want to call it but yet they dont make your ears hurt(Lightning Bolt.. but only sometimes).

yeah.. tera melos are sick.
Forget about it....
Quote by armon77
dougiecrystals i know exactly what you mean. me and a couple of my friends used to skate downtown, and we met this guy who wanted to turn the local laundry mat into a place were we could play some hxc music. to make a long story short, it started off awesome, everybody knew everybody, the bands weren't all that well known but good never the less. anyways fast fowards to today, now the place is over-run by kids that wear tight pants with eye liner and say **** every other sentence. not only that but now they're booking huge shows, yesterday job for a cowboy came down and played, and on the 27th unearth is coming down here. THIS wouldnt be bad, if i didnt have to pay retarded prices bc a bunch of kids who dont even like the music come to stand around bc it's "cool" to do so. :[

I know what you mean in the last sentence. Scene kids don't really seem to care about music anymore. They go to shows just to up their scene credibility. All I ever hear most of the kids like that at my school listening to is gangsta rap and pop punk from 2003, but they all wear Job for a Cowboy shirts and stuff like that. I guess it's "ironic" and cool or something to listen to the one type of music but represent the other kind or something. I dont know, it makes me angry sometimes. I usually just try to ignore or laugh at them.
it's only ironic to the people who know better. to them, it's just that they don't stop listening to bands that more "affluent" (musically) folk would grow out of. at least that's how i think the kids in my area work.

as for tera melos, i really can't stop listening to them.
Saw them play last night! They are sooooo good, Nick (the guitarist) is insane.
-Zach
the video on their myspace is crazy. its fast and creative and that hasent been done alot. and that jackson he has is amazing.
Anyone know Nick's main pedals? I know he's disguised a DL4 by painting it yellow
Gear
Fender Jaguar > effects (x9) > Orange AD5

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE EUNEIROPHRENIAC σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
I have a video of a whole show on my i-pod and it's insane. Drugs to the Dear Youth is one of the best EP's I have ever heard.
Good band, though I can't pretend to understand most of what they do. I guess that's why you listen, though.
Quote by dougiecrystals

That's proof that Melody 5 is even better live than it is in the studio.

Also, teh Melos is one of the best bands on the planet.
am likin' the split e.p. with by the end of tonight alot
and drugs to the dear youth, i need to get there self-titled album.
Tera Melos pwns.
Thank God I'm not a Stereotype.

Quote by ANTHRAX†
When in doubt, whip it out.

Quote by Guitar_picker36
...im a girl i dont know how to upload pictures and stuff.

When I saw The Fall of Troy in Cleveland, I got to talk to Nick for a second. We were all standing outside waiting to get in and I kept looking through the door while saying to my friends "Dude, is that Nick?".

It was cool as hell that they were selling their own mechandise, I talked with him about guitar and stuff like that. I wish I had of talked to Nate and Vince as well.
yeah they're tighttttttttt!!!

i saw them with Fall Of Troy and Horse The Band in Oklahoma City about a year ago.

great show! and I hung out with their singer... he was a cool guy!
New album in the pipelines for 2009 and new drummer!
Anyone else excited?
Thank God I'm not a Stereotype.

Quote by ANTHRAX†
When in doubt, whip it out.

Quote by Guitar_picker36
...im a girl i dont know how to upload pictures and stuff.

Did anyone check out the cover CD they did? It's pretty awesome, I love how they did Hey Sandy by Polaris (Adventures of Pete and Pete Theme).