I have a Godin Freeway Classic and I'm new with the whammy bar or tremelo so any tips or tricks you can give me? I play rockish metal music and some classic rock like guns n roses and pink floyd
"See, you're born punk. When you get your first haircut, then you're alternative. Then you let it grow long, then you're metal." - Kirk Hammett
well does it lift up to raise the pitch or does it only go down, coz if so no whammy tricks for you!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
try hitiing a natural harmonic and bend it with the bar or some artificial harmonics sound cool when pulled upward.
(signature removed, please choose another)
Quote by player o slayer
try hitiing a natural harmonic and bend it with the bar or some artificial harmonics sound cool when pulled upward.

he said he has a normal whammy bar. not a floyd rose type.

and to the threadstarter, don't lift up that bar on your bridge, or else you'll break it like i did.

i use a zr bridge now in my new ibanez guitar
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
You can still divebomb harmonics, you just can't pull them up past pitch.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Whammy bars are just the rod. The tremolo is the part that changes. If you don't have a Floyd Rose or Kahler, then you aren't going to get very many tremelo tricks other than divebombs and little vibratos.
I think you can do tons of fun stuff with a regular trem, I have loads of fun with the one on my strat. The main trick I do is turn my volume knob all the way down, strongly vibrato a note and have my guitar close to and facing my amp and then slowly turn your volume back up and you should get a nice feedback on the desired note your playing and then I whammy the feedback and its pretty awesome, you dont have to do the vibrato on a specific note or even on any at all like you can just whammy any feedback but I do the vibrato thing cause I usually do this at the intros of my songs so I usually feedback the root note of the key the song is in. Other than that I usually just use it in solos here and there, just whammy a note and pull off to the next note and I sometimes whammy a chord im playing instead of strumming it again, and aslong as the springs in the back are tight enough it shouldnt come out of tune very often, like I go nuts on mine and I rarely tune the thing, although its the trem off fenders clapton sig strat, hope that helped
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Quote by Shredlet
well does it lift up to raise the pitch or does it only go down, coz if so no whammy tricks for you!

I have the exact same guitar as him (Godin Freeway Classic ) and the tremolo only goes down...

I wish I had a FloydRose...
Edward Van halen rigged his whammy bar to go down. Learn from the great.
Tony

New rule: Shave your pubes. The ladies love it.