Your not doing it right.Not to be mean or anything but thats just not how it goes dude.
Quote by lol2theworld
I was about to diss kornflipsk8er, but then i realized hes an 03er and im an 09er.
I am inferior to him.

Quote by metalh3ad88
I am fairly certain that kornflipsk8er is GOD!!!11!!!!1!!
You need to play with your guitar lower. A guitar as cool as that should be strung lower (and cooler).

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Ehr... try playing with a backingtrack or the original song, listen to the song and try playing along with it then you'll eventually nail it. I don't mean to offend you but have you actually heard the song?
It doesnt sound like you've ever heard the song. This was really bad... You butchered one of my favorite songs.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
Is doesn't sound like Orion at all, is like something improvised, but definitively not Orion. The title of the thread should be "3/4 Orion by Blackskall".
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
woa, never would have guessed it being orion. or anysong matter of fact. You need to get the rythem down, and it doesn't even sound like your hitting the right chord. the e string should be palm muted, and a should be 7 and the d should be 5
Bugera 333XL
Epiphone SG
Ibanez Flanger
Shitty casette Recorder
Crate RFX 120

Member of the Bugera Users Militia
Guitar's out of tune, and the playings a lot different from the original. Play along to the original so you can figure out the picking rhythms and whatnot. Also, if you want a backing track, go to www.guitarbt.com
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
That was horrible. Have you ever listened to the actual song???
i'll pretend i didnt hear that, listen to the actual song before you try to play it.
Im starting to agree with the others man,

Im gonna say you havent heard the song but if you did you dont deserve that guitar man..
the rhythm goes like this man:

ONE-and-two-AND-three-and-FOUR-and

like i said on ur myspace comment board.

...stick to Mudvayne covers if ur gonna butcher em cuz no-body cares bout their songs being mangled
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
give me a ****ing break, i mean christ this is my 2nd video, and my 1st major song. I double checked it and i have everything right except for the intro, just the wrong rythm, i apreicate the suggestion, i'll play with the backing tracks and get everything right. But all the rude comments weren't ****in nessicary.
bLaCkSkaLl

My Gear
Dean From Hell
Marshall G50R CD
Ibanez: Tubescreamer,
,Flanger/Chorus,
Delay/Echo
Korg CA-30 Tuner
Actually bro, you didnt have a single note in the right place.
My Band

Equipment:
ESP EC-500 EMG 81/85
Mesa Boogie MK III
Marshall 1960B cab
I'm not gonna critique your playing...that's been covered already. If this is your first major song, that may have been your mistake. I wouldn't have posted something like this so soon.
But if you're gonna do it, you have to take the good with the crap. Guitarists are a nasty breed...you ever hear the old joke "How many guitarists does it take to screw in a light bulb?" Answer: "One to do it and six others to say they can do it better."
If you're gonna do this again, I'd say wait. Find a backing track to a song and play with it till you nail it perfect every time. Then post it...maybe you won't get harshed on so bad next time around.
However, you know what they say about first impressions...
Last edited by fretboarddragon at Feb 6, 2007,
you're playing it wrong. and it sounds like your guitar is out of tune.
Quote by steven seagull
There are no boring scales, just boring guitarists.

Quote by convictionless
dude calebrocker, that first song on your list almost made me cry
11/10
you win my good sir

^ My For Mom cover

Check out my MP3s!!