hey ,

I am relly confused between a chromatic scale and a scale ...for example ...the C major scale has the following notes

C D E F G A B C

but the chromatic scale has all the notes including the flats

Interval | Name | Note.(In C)
-----------------------------------------------
1 | Unison (root note) | C
b2 | Minor Second | Db
2 | Major Second | D
# | Sharp Second | D#
b3 | Minor Third | Eb
3 | Major Third | E
4 | Perfect Fourth | F
#4 | Augmented Fourth | F#
b5 | Diminished Fifth | Gb
5 | Perfect Fifth | G
# | Augmented Fifth | G#
6 | Minor Sixth | Ab
6 | Major Sixth | A
# | Sharp Sixth | A#
b | Diminished Seventh | A
b7 | Minor Seventh | Bb
7 | Major Seventh | B

NEXT OCTAVE
8 | Unison (Octave higher) | C
b9 | Minor Ninth | Db
9 | Major Ninth | D
#9 | Sharp Ninth | D#
-----------------------------------------------

This literally means the chromatic scale is the same for all the notes right ?
i mean ...there cant be a different chromatic scale for C , D , and E ....can there?
Pretty much,yes.I've always found the idea of a chromatic scale rather redundant.I'd prefer just to think of things as being chromatic as opposed to being in the chromatic scale.But to answer your question,I really don't think there is a difference between any of these chromatic scales.But,I've been wrong before.
Yes.
No, a chromatic scale, is all the notes in an ocatave, which is twelve notes. You have 17, which is not a chromatic scale.

For example D# and Eb are the same note. pretty much what you do for chromatic, is pick your note, then go up each fret until you reach the octave.

E---0--1--2--3--4--5--6--7--8--9--10--11--12--

That an E chromatic scale.
errrr...i know that ....what i wanted to know was ....if theres a diff chromatic scale for each note...since every note is played dosent that mean there's just one chromatic scale ?
Well yea its gonna be different notes, but its the same concept, like a major scale.
that is wrong. D# and Eb are completely different notes. tonality wise they are the same sounding. they are enharmonic notes. the difference is that in the major/minor scale, they are completely different. there is a d# in the C# major scale (C# D# E# F# G# A# B# C#) but D# cannot be written as Eb. In Cb Major, (Cb Db Eb Fb Gb Ab Bb Cb) there is no Db and there never will, unless written in that measure right then and there as an accidental. the only time that there will ever be a D# and Eb in the same scale is in the different parts of a chromatic scale. Ascending in a chromatic scale, there will be no flats (hence the D#) and descending there will be no sharps (hence the Eb). the scale would be written for C chromatic ascending: C C# D D# E F F# G G# A A# B C. Descending would be: C B Bb A Ab G Gb F E Eb D Db C.
There are actually two chromatic scales, the melodic and harmonic. They sound exactly the same (assuming equal temperament) but are notated differently

but yes, there really is only one. In a similar vein, there are truly only two wholetone scales, only three dim7 chords and only 4 aug chords