How good are you playing guitar?? what´s the most difficult song / solo you can play??
Last edited by blackhorsemen at Feb 2, 2007,
Ya this was basically an attemp to get people to notice you for your guitar playing and ability to play glasgow kiss. Well it worked, you got some attention, but weve had a thread like this here before i think, which didnt fair to well (maybe it did). And if it did, then use it, along with the search button.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Quote by justin_fraser
Ya this was basically an attemp to get people to notice you for your guitar playing and ability to play glasgow kiss. Well it worked, you got some attention, but weve had a thread like this here before i think, which didnt fair to well (maybe it did). And if it did, then use it, along with the search button.

im not trying to be an attention ***** , this thread is for posting your biggest achievements on guitar .
I never brag

I eat babies
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
First off - "good" is a subjective term that is very hard to quantify, and the "most difficult song you can play" is, to me, hardly any measure of technique or capability anyway.
Secondly - there's likely going to be very little discussion; people will simply post the song they say they can play and that's that

Oh and did I mention this type of thing is also overdone?

sorry but honestly I can understand if you're actually curious to see how you measure up but music isn't a competition.
Quote by blackhorsemen
alright I´LL EDIT MY POST .

There we go. Thats a much better thread, and might even make it. But Im still with Nick because whos to say what good is. However, this thread would be good in the Pit, try it there.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help
Plus if your a prick you can lie about it all just to feed your ego and feel like your better then really what you are
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
just stick something in the hole and wiggle it around until you feel something poking out then push it hard.

Quote by gallagher2006
I seriously cant begin to tell you how refreshing it is to get some briliiant help from this site for once!

Thats about me
I suck. I suck at guitar. But I love it!

I can write pretty decent songs on both guitar and piano though.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
I am good at being terrible.
"Physics is like sex. Sure, it may give some practical results, but that's not why we do it." - Richard Feynman
i can play everything cos im god, but i dont like to brag to the world i only do it on this site cause ive got nothing beter to do, ill say im intermediate to be honest, i cant play stuff by vai or that but music i like
Quote by JamieB
Because all TRUE GUITARISTS know what PLUGINCHILD looks like, DUUUUH!

I want it now, and i want you NOW! give me your heart and your soul!
I dont care how good anyone is, if your not just beating on your instrument and actually have a small amount of passion for what your doing with your guitar that is enough for me. Yeah I can play a chord progression yes I can play a scale over it who cares! At least your going out there and trying something.
www.myspace.com/thestalkingbutlers

Holy Knight of the Crusading Order of the Stratocaster.

Gear:
MIA Fender Stratocaster
MIA Fender Telecaster
MI? Fender TC-90

Fender Hot Rod Deville
Blackstar HT5, HT40

various pedals
Quote by PLUGINCHILD
i can play everything cos im god, but i dont like to brag to the world i only do it on this site cause ive got nothing beter to do, ill say im intermediate to be honest, i cant play stuff by vai or that but music i like

Sorry my name alone implies that I'm a better guitar player than you. You god...ha.. come back in 2000 years.

On a more serious note. I'm progressing rather quickly. While I still cant play machine gun. I have made some progress to playing artists who simulate jimi a.k.a the best guitarist ever.

I can do pretty much every left hand or right hand technique. My finger style is superb. I really only suck at theory cause i cant figure out that damn circle of fifths. And after I gain about 3 more years of experienced control and musical theory. I will finally arrive at a point that i can truly call myself a musician.
Class A Procrastinator and Class A Guitarist..
oh my god what an arrogant thread

Quote by godofthesunn
I have made some progress to playing artists who simulate jimi a.k.a the best guitarist ever.

He is considered to be one of the best guitarists (there is to best guitarist) through his songwriting capabilities and his feeling, not through his technique. You are covering his songs, so there is only the emotion stuff left. So don't that mastering his style will make you a godlike guitarist.

But that's only my opinion. This thread sucks big balls, so keep on wanking, bah
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
I dont know, sometimes at my friends house, he was having a party, he asked me to bring my guitar. I just pretty much was soloing over nothing, but really I think it was over everyones voices, because my friends all talk in the key of E... I dont know. I am told I am really good, but... Nah.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
What a warningfriendly thread

Closed.
The "Popped Collar" Award(Sexiest)
Elvenkindje

The "Rest In Real Life" Award(Best Past MT Mod)
Elvenkindje