Page 1 of 2
what are some good rap songs to chill out to or to skate to?
90's Post Punk Emo<33333333
Skating to rap and your a dime fan?? go home bitch!
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
And good skating rap is Swollen Members.
Brokeback Lego - Animation Movie I Made

Quote by \GuitarHero/
Our band mascot is a Muffin.

A recent study shows that 8% of teenagers listen to nothing but music with guitars in it. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 92% who aren't close-minded morons.
no offense or aanything but i hate how rap is trying to steal skateboarding, skating has always been a rock thing and now rap is trying to steal it for themselves
You guys trashing this guy are the biggest morons. Beasties brought rap into skating in the 80's so shut the hell up. There were whole skate videos with rap. So go tell pretty much the whole girl team skating and rap is crap. Also I have listened to rap and Pantera probably longer than most of you have been born so fuck off.

Also anyone that likes Green Day and Blink 182 should not be criticizing ANYONES music. Oh yeah, and moron Guitar__master, Red Hot Chili Peppers was & still is rap on occasion. Then again that was probably before your trendy ass jumped on the bandwagon. Feel stupid yet? You should.

Anyways, Good rap to skate too is pretty much any thing. Check out Hierogliphics, Del, Pep-Love, Etc. They were used in old Blind, Plan-B and World videos.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Cliched, I know, but Lupe Fiasco's Kick, Push.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by Liam Alan
You guys trashing this guy are the biggest morons. Beasties brought rap into skating in the 80's so shut the hell up. There were whole skate videos with rap. So go tell pretty much the whole girl team skating and rap is crap. Also I have listened to rap and Pantera probably longer than most of you have been born so fuck off.

Also anyone that likes Green Day and Blink 182 should not be criticizing ANYONES music. Oh yeah, and moron Guitar__master, Red Hot Chili Peppers was & still is rap on occasion. Then again that was probably before your trendy ass jumped on the bandwagon. Feel stupid yet? You should.

Anyways, Good rap to skate too is pretty much any thing. Check out Hierogliphics, Del, Pep-Love, Etc. They were used in old Blind, Plan-B and World videos.
How would I feel stupid, for one thing you can't spell my username right, another thing I've listened to pantera for a very long time, who cares about blink and green day, I listen to them all the time, and I like some rap, I'm just saying RAP IS A ROCK THING< not a ****ing rap thing. Most rap sucks. Oh and RHCP... jazz/funk.. I don't hear any rap in there..
Gear:

Crappy Samick Guitar
4x12 Cabinet
Guitar Rig 2
Computer
Peavey Bass
Bass Master 200 Watt bass amp
Quote by Guitar_Master
How would I feel stupid, for one thing you can't spell my username right, another thing I've listened to pantera for a very long time, who cares about blink and green day, I listen to them all the time, and I like some rap, I'm just saying RAP IS A ROCK THING< not a ****ing rap thing. Most rap sucks. Oh and RHCP... jazz/funk.. I don't hear any rap in there..

Uh, I spelled guitar and master correctly. I just left the 92 off because I didn't care about your screen name. What part did I misspell? Not a misspelling I just didn't care.

Now, You said....

Quote by Guitar_Master
Skating to rap and your a dime fan?? go home bitch!

Then in the last post to me you wrote....

Quote by Guitar_Master
and I like some rap

So, what the hell is your problem then?!? Why is he a bitch that has to go home? If you listen to some rap why would you come in here and write that? Once again do you feel stupid yet?

Ok, RHCP has a song called "Sex Rap" Guess what Anthony does in it? I'll give you 2 guesses. Plus anyone that listens to RHCP for a while knows their early stuff was a lot of rapping and Hip Hop style. So, you bash rap but one of your favorite groups is heavily based on hip-hop and it shows in their music.

By the way....

Quote by Guitar_Master
RAP IS A ROCK THING< not a ****ing rap thing

What the hell are you talking about? Rap isn't a rap thing?

Stop being a dick coming into rap thread just to say how much you don't like rap (Even though you like some some of it. )
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by Liam Alan

Ok, RHCP has a song called "Sex Rap" Guess what Anthony does in it? I'll give you 2 guesses. Plus anyone that listens to RHCP for a while knows their early stuff was a lot of rapping and Hip Hop style. So, you bash rap but one of your favorite groups is heavily based on hip-hop and it shows in their music.

yes they are hip-hop based but not like the sh*t thats around today. almost everything they did is funk/rock/pop/Hip-Hop

im not again you because i cant say i hate all rap when theres a version of walk this way with Run DMC in it that i like...most people just hate gangsta rappers because theyre big ripoffs of theyre roots....THE REAL HIP-HOP!!!
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by Oasis-fanatic
Most people just hate gangsta rappers because theyre big ripoffs of theyre roots....THE REAL HIP-HOP!!!

*waits for MastaBassist to explain to him the error of his way, as I can't be arsed*
Quote by blinkkink182
you skateboard to rap music. theres no good rap to skate too. blitzkrieg bop

You win the Award for the Least Coherent Post In All of Ultimate Guitar Forums.
According to BS statistics, 92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you're among the 8% who doesn't consider rap to be real music, donate your brains, as you clearly aren't using them.
Quote by _Mayday_
*waits for MastaBassist to explain to him the error of his way, as I can't be arsed*

W00t!

He's a genius, isn't he?

Quote by MastaBassist10
As a new point, I'd like to point out the idiotcy that is welling up in this site, concerning rap, however, not from the rap-haters. I'm seeing kids running around saying "Oh I liked [1]old school rap like NWA and 2pac cause they [2]didn't talk about drugs and sex and killing people. [3] There is no good rap anymore"
1. 90's rap like those guys are NOT old school. A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Run-DMC, that's old school.
2. NWA, Dr. Dre, 2pac, Snoop Dogg, pretty much all they talked about was sex, drugs and killing people, with the possible exception of 2pac, who only did it about 50% of the time. That's the point of thug/gangsta rap: To illustrate the "thug/gangsta life", which is true shit they usually talk about.
3. That's jut a retarded statement, which almost makes you a rap snob.

Another thing: A little while ago, there was a thread in the pit, doing, guess what: the rap-bash. A bunch of kids came in and said the afore-mentioned statements along with something along the lines of "well those old school rappers like Dr Dre grew up in poverty and what they were talking about was real" Well, do you think these rappers grew up in gold and riches? No, most rappers grow up with nothing and that's what motivates them. They hear a guy on the radio talking about having the world, and they want that too. The were poor, and now they talk about sex, which seems to irritate these kids, because you, huge music star have no sexual desire (or at least they can't talk about it) and their status of being a huge fucking rap star, they don't get any, so they MUST be fake.

Sorry if that was incoherrent, I just needed to vent that.

Why whenever rap is mentioned do arguments appear?
So boring, help this kid out or shut up.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Lupe Fiasco - Kick Push
Big Daddy kane - Show and Prove
De La Soul - The Magic Number
A Tribe Called Quest - Jazz (We've Got)
A Trible Called Quest - Award Tour
Raekwon - Ice Cream
Method Man - Bring the Pain
Jedi Mind Tricks - Heavenly Divine
Jurrassic 5 - Concrete Schoolyard
Wu-Tang Clan - Hellz Wind Staff
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by Guitar_Master92
I'm just saying RAP IS A ROCK THING< not a ****ing rap thing. Most rap sucks. Oh and RHCP... jazz/funk.. I don't hear any rap in there..

??? confused. "Rap is a rock thing"? "not a ****ing rap thing". I thought rap was rap.

And RHCP stuff has a load of rap in it. What do you call it?

I don't have a clue what jazz has got to do anything.

EDIR: sorry allready been mentioned
Last edited by supergerbil at Feb 13, 2007,
mcm and the monster enough said...(note: i do not skate the skateboard)
Quote by raise_the_dead
You win the Award for the Least Coherent Post In All of Ultimate Guitar Forums.

That makes me lol all the time.
nwa and public enemy are ****ing awesome they will get you pumped to skate
I HATE YOU
Quote by _zac_
ill flame as much as i damn well please

suck my balls
a tribe called quest.
"I see my light come shining from the west down to the east
Any day now, any day now I shall be released"

Know any good teachers in NY, especially skilled in teaching ear training? Tell me
Public Enemy
The Roots
Immortal Technique
Lupe Fiasco
Jurassic 5
Jedi Mind Tricks
Wu-Tang Clan

Honestly, though, my favorite type of music to skate to is punk, especially the Faction, Blanks 77, Oxymoron, Reagan Youth, Black Flag, U.S. Bombs, Far From Finished, and the Circle Jerks.
well, lupe fiasco talks about skating in his song kick push and kick push II. they have a nice beat
Quote by dittohead123
what are some good rap songs to chill out to or to skate to?

Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries, i wave my privates at your auntie, now go away or i shall taunt you a second time.
Gear:
-Brownsville BMAG3 (acoustic)
-Fender 70s Reissue 60th anniversary Stratocaster
-Line 6 Flextone III
-Crate RFX30 RetroFex
-Line 6 Tone Port UX1
-Roland Digital Piano HP-4500
-(other stuff)
lil wyte and cypress hill
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Tha' Get Away Driva' of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by Alicee
I gave my brother a hand job. It was weird at first. It was weirder after.

Mobb Deep will get you pumped up. Also the group D-Block. RATM is my favorite tho to skate too..

LOLLERGASM at some dude above me, Rap was always in skating. Just underground rappers. Today its the bullshit rappers/producers like Pharrell and everyone else in his clique. Sooner or later Skateboarding will be the new mainstream rap scene. Its already happening over here. **** BET and MTV!!!

PS, Dont hear music while skating in a busy street. I've almost got hit by a few cars lol.
Quote by MastaBassist10
W00t!

He's a genius, isn't he?

haha, in the quote of himself he stated that De La and Tribe are old school, only before saying that 90's guys aren't old school. I know they both released albums in the 80's but it was the very late 80's.
Quote by hardrock1315
Public Enemy
The Roots
Immortal Technique
Lupe Fiasco
Jurassic 5
Jedi Mind Tricks
Wu-Tang Clan

Honestly, though, my favorite type of music to skate to is punk, especially the Faction, Blanks 77, Oxymoron, Reagan Youth, Black Flag, U.S. Bombs, Far From Finished, and the Circle Jerks.

True dat. I'll add NWA and Eazy-E, and there are lots of great rap songs in the Tony Hawk games too.

Quote by blinkkink182

LMFAO at the blink182 fan
Quote by CousticStrangla
I know I have Body Dysmorphic Disorder too.

Quote by Raz_Steroid
So you're a Transformer?
listen to these album by the chilis

red hot chili peppers (self titled)
freaky styley
the uplift mofo party plan

some kickass rappin on those
Gang Starr
X Clan
NWA
Dr. Dre
Snoop Doggy Dogg
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by blinkkink182

yeah. u herd that song in tony hawk but u didnt hear all the rap songs?

on topic tho i reccomend jurassic 5, some early snoop and dre, wu tang.
Quote by Cameronrobson
It's a bat, a cyclops and an owl riding a pair of bicycles. Idiot.
Page 1 of 2