Page 1 of 2
So I just heard on my local news (Global Television in Vancouver, Canada) that seismgraphs around our area, and those near Vancouver Island, have been registering stronger and stronger seismic readings.

What does this mean?

Well, the Lower Mainland here has been due for a ****ing huge earthquake for the past... 10-12 years maybe? The longer we wait, the more the tectonic plates under us (the Juan de Fuca and... the North American plate I believe) undergo stress; that equals a huge earthquake. It's good to have smaller, frequent earthquakes to relieve that stress.

I think some of you who live in California may remember/know of the damage caused by the Loma Prieta earthquake. That was magnitude 7.1.

The seismologist on the news said that these small - yet increasing - seismic readings may trigger a "megaquake" in the "next week or two." He compared the possible damage to that of the one in SE Asia - the same one that caused the huge ****ing tsunami in Thailand, Sri Lanka, and all those countries. That was magnitude 9.3.

I used to be pretty laissez-faire about the earthquake, but now I'm actually pretty nervous and edgy. I reaallllllly don't want this to happen - I'm only 19 and I've done nothing I've wanted to do in life yet!

EDIT: Sorry if this seems like a plea for pity and sympathy, but I just wanted to share.
Last edited by Charlatan_001 at Feb 2, 2007,
wow thats would be a cool youtube video and a depresssiong news story at the same time.
I'm at a moral conflict here
I've never been so happy to be from Saskatchewan.

Shame though if it happens before I get a chance to see Vancouver.
Quote by Charlatan_001
So I just heard on my local news (Global Television in Vancouver, Canada) that seismgraphs around our area, and those near Vancouver Island, have been registering stronger and stronger seismic readings.

What does this mean?

Well, the Lower Mainland here has been due for a ****ing huge earthquake for the past... 10-12 years maybe? The longer we wait, the more the tectonic plates under us (the Juan de Fuca and... the North American plate I believe) undergo stress; that equals a huge earthquake. It's good to have smaller, frequent earthquakes to relieve that stress.

The seismologist on the news said that these small - yet increasing - seismic readings may trigger a "megaquake" in the "next week or two." He compared the possible damage to that of the one in Sumatra - the same one that caused the huge ****ing tsunami in SE Asia.

I used to be pretty laissez-faire about the earthquake, but now I'm actually pretty nervous and edgy. I reaallllllly don't want this to happen - I'm only 19 and I've done nothing I've wanted to do in life yet!

EDIT: Sorry if this seems like a plea for pity and sympathy, but I just wanted to share.

Fuck. I live in the Lower Mainland too. And I thought it was 25-30 years
Loyal Member of the "Pluto Memorial Club." PM Dæmönika
Member 20 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09
Member 4 of UG's Anti-Hunting League - PM Holy Katana
Heretic And Killer, P.M guitar_man_guy or T0xicitY
Im ****ed too, I live in Vancouver. What worries me is that I live in a highrise building and that im uber ****ed if it happens. Im seriously hoping that it happens during the day when everybody is outside.
Just prepare I guess be ready at any time to get the hell out of there. Most people die in Earthquakes from fires and such cause by the destruction of buildings. You should feel tremors, once you feel those, as they say in this forum, "GTFO".
Quote by Ikilledkenny
Fuck. I live in the Lower Mainland too. And I thought it was 25-30 years

thats san franscisco
Quote by scheck006
You must feel a girl's ta-tas while you still can!

Well I already have a girlfriend, so that's covered. I was thinking more along the lines of travelling the world, volunteering in developing nations, being in an awesome band... yknow... the cliche stuff.

Quote by The Casualty
I've never been so happy to be from Saskatchewan.

Shame though if it happens before I get a chance to see Vancouver.

Saskatchewan... what kind of natural disasters do you guys have? Locusts?
Quote by Charlatan_001

What does this mean?

Means Rosie O'Donnell had beans with last nights meal.
Quote by FEDS-91
Means Rosie O'Donnell had beans with last nights meal.

not funny
Quote by Charlatan_001

Locust = lame, and we get nothing, which is why I love it. Don't have to worry about some shit like a megaquake. Better run to the hills there, pal.
Quote by Charlatan_001

Nah man, they have tumbleweeds... haha
Apparantly Japan is in for a massive earthquake too.
The Set-Up

Gibson Les Paul/Fender MIA Deluxe Strat --> MXR Super comp --> Boss DD-3 --> Dunlop Crybaby --> Need an amp, wanna sell me one?
Quote by Bobbert
thats san franscisco

Whatever, I think that most of the Pacific Coast of North America is majorly fucked though.
I hope it doesn't happen soon I don't want to die yet.
Quote by Ikilledkenny
Whatever, I think that most of the Pacific Coast of North America is majorly fucked though.
I hope it doesn't happen soon I don't want to die yet.

, will a back rub cheer you up *gets out lotions and candles, dims lights*
An earthquake that massive will have a global effect. Hell, may even knock the Earth off its orbit like that one in asia did. Well good luck to you, where i live, a Category 3 hurricane will wipe out all civilization here, so I share your fear.
The Mariachi Player of the Church of Zeppelinism. PM TheHeartbreaker to join

Quote by soulfly_freak
men were given a brain and a penis, and only enough blood to use one at a time...

Member #2 of Rory Gallagher Fan Club PM dazzler16 to Join
Man, at the first sign of a tremor, I'll be begging my parents to move to Alberta.
Quote by Bobbert
not funny

Agreed. She's not and yet she still has a career. Rather disturbing.
Yeah, you should really get out of there. Honestly, I may sound like a total crackpot saying that, but the place is due for a massive earthquake any day now.
Last.fm

WE ARE THE MUSIC MAKERS
AND WE ARE THE DREAMERS OF THE DREAMS
lol i just moved away from there last year. I used to live in surrey, but now i moved to Toronto. You guys better remember the earthquake drills they do in elementary skool, get under a table and count aloud to 100, then get ur earthquake kit and eat some fruit rolups and shit like dat. If u live in like vancouver island or like richmond or something then ur prbly gonna get a big tidal wave or as my japanese friends would like to call it, a 'TSUNAMI"1!! it might coem to lower mainland too. just pray man, or by those bags that protect ur house from floods
Wow that's like...when you haven't shit in 3 days, and it all built up and at the worst time (school) you get horrible gas, but you don't fart, you keep it in, and this occurs over a period of two hours and then all of a sudden you feel a "drop" and you're about to shit you pants and you run to the bathroom and it comes out puréed.

Yeah that was a horrible analogy.
I wonder if Geico Insurance will make a pitch out of this when it happens like they did with other fictional misfortunes (not saying this is fictional).

"Thousand of people died today in Vancouver after a Megaquake occurred at XX:00 pm/am, but in other news, I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching to Geico. "

Eh, could happen.
Quote by Darth_Qurashi
lol i just moved away from there last year. I used to live in surrey, but now i moved to Toronto. You guys better remember the earthquake drills they do in elementary skool, get under a table and count aloud to 100, then get ur earthquake kit and eat some fruit rolups and shit like dat. If u live in like vancouver island or like richmond or something then ur prbly gonna get a big tidal wave or as my japanese friends would like to call it, a 'TSUNAMI"1!! it might coem to lower mainland too. just pray man, or by those bags that protect ur house from floods

Well I live in Vancouver, and I think if it's a magnitude 9+ earthquake, no house, table, desk whatever will save me.

My girlfriend and I were planning on moving out to Toronto eventually to avoid this very situation... but if the quake is coming this soon, then I think we may be ****ed.

Quote by xchiefx
Wow that's like...when you haven't shit in 3 days, and it all built up and at the worst time (school) you get horrible gas, but you don't fart, you keep it in, and this occurs over a period of two hours and then all of a sudden you feel a "drop" and you're about to shit you pants and you run to the bathroom and it comes out puréed.

Yeah that was a horrible analogy.

I was about to make that analogy in my post for all the noobs, but then I realized it was kind of inapppropriate, and no one would take me seriously.
ANy articles on the internet about this? I'd like to read more about it.
Quote by Vedder=GOD
If you dont have any property insurence GET IT NOW, or your ****ed.

make sure there's an earthquake insurance clause. or just earthquake insurance.
Don't worry, 'they' said we'd all be dead by pandemic/war/global warming already, so i wouldn't worry about what 'they' say.

~stepco
mmm i dunno cuz like the one thats supposed to break off los angeos county and the OC...that one isnt a - coming for another......15 ish years?? Ill be 29 by then, most likely already accomplishing all my dreams, but most of the time i think those theories are mainly false....think : every generations got an apocalypse date....i dont think scientists will ever get things right
You do realize that lasseiz-faire doesn't even apply here, right?

Anyways, if the megaquake is coming, just swallow it.
I live in singapore and we never get any natural disasters here!
"When I grow up, I wanna be a vampire bat"

Well who cares about BC? As long as the Canucks aren't playing at home when it happens.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Quote by Liberation
Well who cares about BC? As long as the Canucks aren't playing at home when it happens.

What will happen to the world's weed supply

~stepco
In australia, kangaroos jump you!
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
F*ck. Never thought I'd be grateful living here in f***ing philippines.....

Canadians... heres wat u do.... wen this megaquake happens and everybody's running around... find the girl u rilly want to hump....

And while shes running.... ride her likes there's no tomorow....

Hey.... its your final moments...
She wouldnt be able to sue you or anything cuz ur both dead
Quote by xDie_Romanticx
mmm i dunno cuz like the one thats supposed to break off los angeos county and the OC...that one isnt a - coming for another......15 ish years?? Ill be 29 by then, most likely already accomplishing all my dreams, but most of the time i think those theories are mainly false....think : every generations got an apocalypse date....i dont think scientists will ever get things right

They're just projected numbers, yes, but the earth is so volatile anything can happen. Like you said, scientists won't get things right - we won't be able to know when shit's gonna go down.

I didn't say anything about an apocalypse, I'm just saying that it's scary to live here right now.
Quote by darkangel24
F*ck. Never thought I'd be grateful living here in f***ing philippines.....

Canadians... heres wat u do.... wen this megaquake happens and everybody's running around... find the girl u rilly want to hump....

And while shes running.... ride her likes there's no tomorow....

Hey.... its your final moments...
She wouldnt be able to sue you or anything cuz ur both dead

get a girl plx.

she'll sue you in hell
Page 1 of 2