i just turned 18 and got my licence. now im looking for a car. simple right. im looking for a nice used car for around 16 grand tops. iv been pretty set on finding a affordable luxury sports car, for around that price. i will have no problem making payments on the car but the thing thats putting me in a hole is being 18, first time driver and my insurance rate will be through the roof. thats the only thing thats stopping me my quotes have been ridiculous. so can anyone here help me with my options here.... i know theres someway i can pull it off but im unsure what i can do... so help would be greatly appreciated. any toughts.....
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender American Stratocaster
Taylor 210 Dreadnought Acoustic
Bogner Alchemist 40w 212 Tube combo
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi USA
Boss DS-1 Distortion Pedal
Korg Pitch Black
Yeah i know what ya mean. I have the car part down but Insurance is gonna kill me and will pretty much decide if I drive. Im gonna get a job soon and maybe this summer do landscaping with my uncle so maybe that will be good enough
Tried GEICO?
Since chicks are dudettes, does that mean dudes are chickettes?

And, while we're at it, since they kiss with their noses, how do eskimos have oral sex?
you want a sports luxury car, like an lexus is or something right.? at 18 driving an a s/l car you will probably be cop magnet, and youll probably pay anywhere from 2000-5000 dollars a year in insurance, or whatever depending on company, record and such
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
and used sports luxury cars are usually beat to shit and traded in, i know i used to work at a BMW dealership and we got all kinds of little coupes and sedans, nice cars but with like 60-70k miles of hard driving and other types of abuse. do the smart thing and buy something little and save your money for a vette or somthing
You get nothing! You lose! Good day sir!
Quote by blacklp
and used sports luxury cars are usually beat to shit and traded in, i know i used to work at a BMW dealership and we got all kinds of little coupes and sedans, nice cars but with like 60-70k miles of hard driving and other types of abuse. do the smart thing and buy something little and save your money for a vette or somthing

ya thats true. i am looking for a 01-02 bmw 325ci with about that many miles. but im not buying one for the speed, i just want to have a nice car that will last a few year and get me through college and not have to pay much it have fixed. but i do understand that most of those car get beat up, but im not going through a dealer am will make my purchase private party so i get more of a history of the car and they way it was drivin.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitch Black
And don't forget the cost of repairs on your "luxury" car will be astronomical.

You're better off getting a late model sedan that's about 5 years old or older with some good safety features and a 4 or 6 cylinder engine. That way your insurance company won't rape you and you'll be able to afford it whenever something needs to be fixed.

Edit: I just read your post above. You want to buy a BMW 3 series and think it won't cost a lot to repair? Heh. Good luck with that one Hell, they rape my wife (figuratively) for repairs to her Volkswagen.

You have the rest of your life to own a nice car.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Feb 2, 2007,
You think insurance will be expensive. Try taking your l/s car to the dealers to get an oil change, or any other repairs. The dealers will rip you off just as much as insurance.

EDIT: ^beat me to it.
epic7734
well accually repair cost is the last thing on my mind. im am very fluent with cars and repair work on them. ever german cars. and its warranty would already be expired. like i said am more worried about insurance.
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Vox V847A Wah Pedal
MXR M-134 Stereo Chorus
Korg Pitch Black
Quote by zuckuss00
ya thats true. i am looking for a 01-02 bmw 325ci with about that many miles. but im not buying one for the speed, i just want to have a nice car that will last a few year and get me through college and not have to pay much it have fixed. but i do understand that most of those car get beat up, but im not going through a dealer am will make my purchase private party so i get more of a history of the car and they way it was drivin.

LOL

Don't by a german car without a warranty or deep pockets. Once that BMW hits 100k miles, you'll be paying out of your ass to have anything and everything fixed.

I love my german cars, so don't think I'm hating on them. It's just the truth.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Progressive(?). But even if you are handy with cars, the replacement parts are insanely expensive. I always figured the BMW's and such were the type of car you get after college.

But either way its your decision. I just wanted to point this out to you in case you wern't aware already. So good luck with finding a car you like, and some decent insurance.
epic7734
So this is what I would do, get a car for half that price, a nice reasonable used Civic or whatever the case, take the rest of the money and store it for your insurance.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
You could always just get liability insurance. That would level out the cost of paying to fix your Germanic vehicular apparatus...unless you fuck up and get in an accident, that is.
Quote by YAY_FOR_PIE
, I stopped when I read something about three dragons being in you or something.

Quote by Metal claw
Paris Hilton looks like Dave Mustaine to me.
get a used 2000 saab 9-3 or 9-5. they're affordable (i'm getting one for under 8Gs) and theyre extremely reliable. just do it. . . NOW!!!
Look Left>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Left you idiot