im joining jazz band and i need to keep an amp at the school but i dont know what to get for it...ill probly need somethin with incredible cleans i was thinkin of a blues jr. and suggestions?
Setup
Epi. X-Plorer
Line6 Spider III 120
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Blues Driver
fbv2 Footswich
Roland Jazz Chorus = complete and total WINNAR when it comes to cleans

best SS amp on the market imo
my bad im want somthin small like 15 watts thats tube but not that expensive and relativly cheap if possible
Setup
Epi. X-Plorer
Line6 Spider III 120
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Blues Driver
fbv2 Footswich
Cleans at high volume and low wattage tube amps aren't a good combination

there's a 50 watt single speaker JC I believe. It's about perfect for jazz.
Epiphone valve junior? *confused*
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
This really wouldnt help but I feel like posting it anyways. I tried my friends behringer bass amp with my squier guitar and it had this bluesy tone so I started playing some jazz stuff, and it worked.
Ballz On Parade
Part of the Emo Dies in 2007 club, PM DownInAHole. or cockzit to join
Depends on the size of the band. You want it to be very clean, and if you've got a 25 piece band to deal with, a blues junior won't have that kind of volume. Plus, leaving it at school means you probably don't want anything too nice. You could try a Cube-60 or an AD50T.

The other option is a keyboard amp: they're EQ is pretty mellow and does jazz well, and they stay clean forever. You'll need more watts than with a regular guitar amp, but they're less expensive. A 100 watt Crate or Kustom should do very well.
I'd like to point out again how ridiculously suitably the Jazz Chorus is for this

Also the Fender SS Princetons do pretty well too
well i need to play over drums and i need somting under 200 but i think they have speakers do you think i could plug in say a epi valve junior head into one of those and play? or buy a small cab?
Setup
Epi. X-Plorer
Line6 Spider III 120
Boss Phase Shifter
Boss Blues Driver
fbv2 Footswich
You could try a VJ, but I dont know if the 5 watts will get you over everyone else unless you are mic the amp into a PA system. Actually, if I were you, I would upgrade my main amp for my house (I'm assuming the Line 6 is your main amp), and then take the Line 6 to school, because it will be loud enough.
Quote by chrschri
well i need to play over drums and i need somting under 200 but i think they have speakers do you think i could plug in say a epi valve junior head into one of those and play? or buy a small cab?

Trust me, it wouldn't be loud enough. Cranked maybe, but not clean. There's also no line out, so you couldn't run it into a PA if that's what you meant.
If you could blow up the world with a flick of a switch,
Would you do it?

If you could make everybody poor just so you could be rich,
Would you do it?

With all your power,
What would you do?
Quote by Nick_
I'd like to point out again how ridiculously suitably the Jazz Chorus is for this

Also the Fender SS Princetons do pretty well too

Our school has both....
I have to say I prefer the Jazz Chorus (although its really old, and unreliable) to the Princtons... of course the princton is built like a rock.
great amp.
[Founder of the Ibanez S players club.] Pm Me to Join
Quote by Roc8995

The other option is a keyboard amp: they're EQ is pretty mellow and does jazz well, and they stay clean forever.

+1

I just used my school's Peavey Keyboard amp when I was in jazz band and it worked perfectly.