I saw this at the store today and was wondering if was good or a pice of shit they put his name on for money?
The Digitech voodoo experience pedal? If thats the one im wondering the same. At my local guitar shop it costs like 200 bucks ahha lol i dont have enough money to get it but im sure its good
Actually, Eddie Kramer helped design the pedal to insure that the quality was up to snuff. Eddie Kramer was the man who worked with Jimi to mix his records and edit, stuff like that. I have the pedal, I can't complain really, it does what it says.
Tried it, and I don't care who helped design it, it sucks the big one. Not a single Hendrix-worthy tone, too trebly and harsh. Horrid.
I heard the Slash Crybaby is worth the price.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
Here's my take on it:

Digitech built a pedal that emulates Jimi. He used a Crybaby a fuzz face and at various times an octave and a univibe. He ran them into mostly Marshall, but also Fenders, Sunns and whatever was convenient or useful, but mostly the Marshalls.

If you bought those pedals you would be a lot closer. You could also use the wah and FF to emulate the Cream era Clapton or the 'vibe and FF to do Gilmour or Trower or, maybe even yourself. Think about it.

There isn't a snowball's chance in hell that you are going to find a new, unique or different sort of tone from the Digitech. But many, many great players who don't sound anything like the other all used those same pedals to get a sound they could call their own.

I'd say go with the real deal.

Ron
Nope sounds way to digital and harsh for Hendrix, just buy a Teese Picture wah for wah, Fulltone Deja-vibe for vibe, Analogman sunface for fuzz, Roger Mayer Octavia.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
get a vox instead
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Quote by thetoastinator
Here is the Musiciansfriend page for it, and they have a whole bunch of soundclips if you scroll down a little. Most of them are shitty, and I think its a waste of $200.

Those clips sound horrible, far too much fuzz for the most part. I'd never want to buy that pedal after hearing that. You'd probably get closer with a fuzz face and a vox wah which are about the same price I think.
^wow yeah, just heard em now!

worse than an MT2 or a danelectro pedal!

good god!
It sucks nuts. My friend got it for christmas and my Crybaby Classic PWNS it. I would say just go w/ a Crybaby or a Vox. Although i prefer Crybaby because i think they sound better and theyre not produced by jap companies. I would rather have MIA gear.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Get real pedal(s), like a fuzz and a Vox wah.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
generally all these sig pedals are a rip off - its like £200 and you can wah and fuzz for much less.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
Although the fuzz and wah might not work so great together stock.
I need an output buffer in order for my Fuzz Face and Clyde McCoy to work well together.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
You could get an ME50 like me - all the effects sounds pretty good but I do want a good pedal board
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER