Hi, title basically explains what I want. Sorry if a thread has been on this but I couldn't find any. Anyways, I'm writing a song for my band on guitar pro and I need to put in bass. Since, I've never really touched a bass or know how to play one well, I have no idea how to put it into my song. My bass player is gone for about two weeks and I kind of want to finish this song. So, if somebody can help me out it would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Also, I'm playing in dropped C so should the basse be tuned down 2 steps? Or is that going to give a really horrible sound?
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Last edited by CaptainOfSmug at Feb 2, 2007,
You can tune the bass however you want, but the obvious thing would be to use the same tuning as the guitar.

Common Bassline Ideas:
For a single-note based riff, just play said riff on the bass.
For a single-note based riff, harmonize with said riff and create a very cool sound.
For a chord progression, even power chords, play the root note.
For a chord progression, play odd root notes that change the chords above. For example, under an Am7 chord, play F and make the entire sound Fmaj7.
I dont play bass but, Im assuming you would use some of the same notes, and a simple riff that goes with it like

say Guitar 6E=2-5-0 and then use 2 and 5 and maybe play a note up higher in pitch for bass?
What about riffs that go like this 5 5 5 then on the lowest string it's 000
would I Just have the bass play the 5's, or the zeros? Also, then when it come to tremolo picking, would I just play the same note just not as many times? I'm not sure if I explained that that well, but I think it's understandable.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CaptainOfSmug
What about riffs that go like this 5 5 5 then on the lowest string it's 000
would I Just have the bass play the 5's, or the zeros? Also, then when it come to tremolo picking, would I just play the same note just not as many times? I'm not sure if I explained that that well, but I think it's understandable.
Yes/You could on all points.