A couple days ago when I had my guitar lesson, my guitar teacher told me he was taught be THE Roy Buchanan, who's usually credited as being one of the best underrated guitarists. And now he's teaching me
Dude... that's so beyond awesome.

I expect at least one or two stories about Roy Buchanan from you within the next week or so.

You're a lucky, lucky, lucky man. I hope you're teachers a good one.

Cheers
-Falcatarius
Dude that is freaking sick..i would hang on every word your teachers says, if he was trained by Roy then you are in good hands.
"The guitar is just a wonderful instrument. It's everything: a bartender, a psychiatrist, a housewife. its everything, but it's elusive." -Les Paul
Speaking of teachers being taught by some great blues guitarists, my old teacher had a couple lessons with SRV and jammed with him on occasion.
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7
Speaking of teachers being taught by some great blues guitarists, my old teacher had a couple lessons with SRV and jammed with him on occasion.

Even though he isn't my own teacher I met a guy who teachers who jammed with SRV on numerous occasions. (i think 9 times in total) Everytime he got him to sign a guitar pickguard of his and he also stole a few pics from him each session, all of which he's treasured to this day.

He said the most impressive thing about playing with SRV was that he was never at a loss for inspiration and would always come out with unique and fantastic solos, runs and licks. He just seemed to conjure the stuff out of midair with no effort.

The guy's a pretty popular player around Ottawa now and he's teaching a friend of mine.

Cheers
-Falcatarius
I'm actually not that big of a SRV fan, he's alright and all just not unique to me. I'm not trying to piss off his fans either just stating an opinion. I'm more of a jazz/blues guy then all blues anymore, only stuff like Taj Mahal, Derek Trucks, ABB, Chris Bergson, and all of the old delta blues .
Co-Founder of the Jazz Guitarist Community. PM me or Zeppelin256 to join.

Come listen to Zeppelin256 and I jam over some jazz tunes! Unit 7