How would you all suggest writing a solo simmilar to a Jimmy Page solo. By which I mean that you can almost sing the solo, sorta like stairway to heaven.

PEACE
Never sung a solo before. I heard voice bands are pretty sweet though.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
-Slash
hum a melody in your head and then figure it out on guitar. alot of his solos arent like that though , alot are improv, some very sloppy improv.
it is easy if you have a singer who would know if he/she is singing on a certain note at the start and you could improvise from there
I play a guitar strung with Yngwie's chest hair
Quote by that1l)ude
hum a melody in your head and then figure it out on guitar. alot of his solos arent like that though , alot are improv, some very sloppy improv.

Yeah, some of his sloppiest stuff would be ridiculous to sing.

However, you could always try humming or singing a solo you'd like, and then try to play it. Some jazz and rock guys have a good knowledge of the notes on the guitar and sing and play lines at the same time.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
I would suggest you feel out a strong melody first and then go from there, and think of how you want the solo to flow and progress and climax and whatnot.
My name is Andy
Quote by MudMartin
Only looking at music as math and theory, is like only looking at the love of your life as flesh and bone.

Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order,
Counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the war drums
Unless it is improvised (which is total shit love to Jimmy), his playing is very melodic and feely. Listen to some sections of the Achilles Last Stand solo- those licks are placed in there perfectly so that they tell a story of sorts.
Page writes songs to fit a certain atmosphere of song, hes no mere human so its hard for a mortal (especially one who goes on message boards for ideas, no offense) to write something comparable to Page's sorcery, u have to muster all ur musical creativity and put it all out there try new things and make it HEAVY, ie wank on ur axe for an hour or two and hope u come up with something good
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
Page writes songs to fit a certain atmosphere of song, hes no mere human so its hard for a mortal (especially one who goes on message boards for ideas, no offense) to write something comparable to Page's sorcery, u have to muster all ur musical creativity and put it all out there try new things and make it HEAVY, ie wank on ur axe for an hour or two and hope u come up with something good

Zeppelin fans
Mostly use pentatonics, with choice diatonics, and chromatics. Really improvise the solo as a series of licks, combining the measures sometimes, and don't think or try to do too much. Check out my solo on the song Outlaw Josie Wales at www.furyathunderhead.com It is the second song that plays so hit fast forward. The second solo in the song I really went for a classic Page like solo, basically stealing one or two lick from Good Times, Bad Times, and Achille's Last Stand. Nothins super shredtacualr, but I was going for something more bluesy and classic, you want to hear a shred listen to Roman Soldier. Learn blues basically, with an emphasis on the phrasing.
Quote by CowboyUp
Zeppelin fans

Hey, Itake offence to that.

Umm.. what I do is learn one or two of his solos and make my own out of those.

Best advice I saw was to just start out with a strong melody that can be sung to and improving form there.
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows