what do you think of it? to me it looks like a jazz bass inside a p-bass. are the pickups good, and is the bridge good enough that it doesnt need to be replaced with a badass?
Last edited by Oke at Feb 2, 2007,
it looks nice, i might buy one. it is a p-bass with a active 2-band EQ and the dual jazz pickup like the one on the P-bass American deluxe. the pickup is supposed to be good and i think the bridge seems fine. try to find one so you can play yourself
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
i dont think i have seen one...pics?
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
ive played one set up nicely and it was a very nice bass i different flavor for fender for sure
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
It looks nice and all, but with the one bridge pickup, 2 band EQ, and 2-way switch selector, it isn't the most versatile, tonally.

PS. It doesn't look a damn thing like a Jazz bass.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
^the neck is a J neck
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Double Basser
^the neck is a J neck

still has a p-bass body though...
Gear: 08 Fender MIA Jazz bass,
American Peavey Millenium Plus 4,
GK 1001RBII,
Mesa/Boogie RR215,
Schecter C-1 Classic.
basically it's a jazz with a p body and pups mashed together, so as thread starter said, a jazz in a P
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
Quote by Double Basser
^the neck is a J neck

It's actually a Precision neck.
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Sounds to me like an excuse.

"Honey, I've got to buy a new bass! This diamond is made of a dead guy! I made him a promise!"

Most Bitter/Cynical member of the Bass Militia. PM DinkyDaisy to join.
Quote by Double Basser
^the neck is a J neck

No, it has the 1.625 nut width, making it a P-Bass neck. Just because it has block inlays doesn't make it a Jazz neck. Jazz necks with inlays have binding, as well.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
The guy from Hawthorne Heights uses one, which has prevented me from even considering it. I'll just stick to my Jazz, thanks.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
I tested one out. Damn good metal tone. Some times I wish I was right handed so I could buy it. It is basically a FENDER Stingray without a 3 Band EQ and And without a pickguard too. Great Pick tone
Quote by bassburton
I tested one out. Damn good metal tone. Some times I wish I was right handed so I could buy it. It is basically a FENDER Stingray without a 3 Band EQ and And without a pickguard too. Great Pick tone

I think the P-bass body is pretty fugly, unless it's an American Deluxe body.
Quote by mountaindew88
The guy from Hawthorne Heights uses one, which has prevented me from even considering it. I'll just stick to my Jazz, thanks.

isn't that a humbucker?
or maybe i just dont know anything about pickups.

Ibanez Soundgear 300 DX
Digitech BP 80
Ibanez SW 20 / Ampeg BA 115
Squire Affinity Strat
Line 6 Spider IV 15
Yeah, it's a humbucker, but it's actually 2 Jazz pickups side-by-side (there's a switch to solo the coils).
Quote by Cody_Grey102