Yeah this is a stupid question,but what do you use to make those guitar solo sounds(Like most old bands[Black Sabbath,Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, etc] solos and blues solos),for some reason my distortion switch isnt fitting the sound i really want.
u need a better pedal. lookin at your equipment, digitec grunge is one of the shittiest damn distortion pedals ive ever heard. idk about the fab metal tho.
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
I think ill go to my local guitar shop and browse through their amps and see which ones sound good
Quote by mardigian
you probably just suck at guitar

No, thats probably NOT it.
"Guitarmen, wake up and pluck wire for sound, let 'em hear you play"
-Charlie Christian
"You have to give people something to dream on"
-Jimi Hendrix
"I try to make any guitar do what I want it to do"
Quote by ericgentz
No, thats probably NOT it.

this is why i sometimes hate posting here cause there will be a jerk that sometimes wil answer
Quote by that1l)ude
you need a better amp,not a pedal. (so do i, im saving up for a mesa)

Me too! I'm getting an F-50 model.

To the threadstarter, here's some tips to get the sound. Different artists do different things.
Some use a tubescreamer to boost their solos.
Some use contour to boost them.
Some simply turn up the volume or the gain.
And, you should definitely get a tube amp.
Hope this helps.

Edit - And I reported that jerk up there.
Click for charity.

Pidgeot of the Pokemon Club
PM Calebrocker to join.

92% of UGers jump on annoying bandwagons. Don't put this in your sig if you're one of the 8% with an opinion.
You need a tube amp!
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Get a fuzz pedal, like a big muff. Go to your local store and try it, if you like it, get it.
hmmm is saving up for a Fender FM 100 Head a good idea or should i go for another(keep in mind that i dont want anything over the $500 dollar mark since that'll take me over a year cause i dont get alot of money for allowences and i dont have a job[considering the fact that I'm 14])