Im wondering would be the best amp under 800 dollars that could play all metal. Basically anything like BLS, Pantera, GNR, Metallica, and Megadeth-also I would like to play Rage and Audioslave with it. I play an Epiphone LP Custom with 81/85 EMGs. So what would be the best metal amp in my price range?
Used Peavey 5150, Peavey XXX, Marshall JCM with an overdrive, I could recommend more, but I dont know how much power you need. You play with other musicians, or are you gigging? If so, how large of a venue do you normally play at?
im looking to jam in a band first then maybe just use it at small gigs like 200-300 people
Quote by RedHotFan182
how bout the b52 at212 combo i know thats 750 for 100 watts

The AT212 is a good tube combo for the price. It has a good amount of gain in it, but I hear it sounds a lot better if you put new tubes in it.
TS, I'm not even going to bother helping you, because you clearly don't even know what metal is. Guns n' Roses does not a metal band make, nor does Audioslave. You don't even know how to EDIT YOUR POST instead of TRIPLE posting. Go away.
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Of course GNR are metal. He also didnt say Audioslave was metal, he put them in a different group.

But yeah, I think a JCM 800 and an od would do wonders for you
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
i havent put the emgs in the lp yet so i can play metal and alt rock and poppy stuff too.
What would be a good pedal I could use to get that heavy metal sound?
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Of course GNR are metal. He also didnt say Audioslave was metal, he put them in a different group.

But yeah, I think a JCM 800 and an od would do wonders for you

GNR, metal? no.

anyway.

a jcm 800. i love those things.
^yes the metal muff would probably work. i can play sweet child o mine perfectly on it.